Krazy Koffee circled the field on the final turn and swept past the leaders in the short homestretch to win the $304,769 British Columbia Derby (Can-III) Sept. 21 at Hastings Park for his fifth straight win.
Grade I winners Panty Raid and Honey Ryder, along with La Comete, the dam of grade I-placed Munnings, will be offered during the Fasig-Tipton Kentucky select mixed sale Nov. 2 in Lexington.
Hall of Fame jockey Earlie Fires retired Sept. 21 with a fifth-place finish aboard Manchu Prince in the fifth race at Arlington Park, where he is the track's all-time leading rider.
Defending champion Get Funky, seeking an assured Breeders' Cup berth, heads 12 entrants in the $100,000 Morvich Handicap as the Oak Tree Racing Association launches its 40th season at Santa Anita Sept. 24.
Participants in the Keeneland September yearling sale talk about falling prices for horses and the effects of America's growing financial crisis.
Good Night Shirt, tracing his own hoofprints that lead to a championship season in 2007, returned to Belmont Park on Sept. 21 and successfully defended his title as the heavy favorite in the second running of the $150,000 Lonesome Glory Steeplechase (NSA-I) at 2 1/2 miles over national fences.
Indian Blessing, who romped to a 6 1/4-length win in the Gallant Bloom Handicap (gr. II) at Belmont Park, is scheduled to leave New York for Southern California Sept. 23 to prepare for her next assignment in the Sentient Breeders' Cup Filly & Mare Sprint.
Bold Truth, a grade II stakes-placed son of Seattle Slew, was represented by his first winner when his son Bold Captain won by 10 1/4 lengths.
Ruffian Handicap (gr. I) winner Tough Tiz's Sis was scheduled to undergo surgery Sept. 21 after she suffered a career ending injury during a workout at Belmont Park a morning earlier.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Hill 'n' Dale Acquires Half Interest in Bubbler
- Industry Groups Ask for Change in Parx Oaks Ruling
- Ward Pleased With Stable's Royal Ascot Performance
- F-T Saratoga Offering 12 From Scat Daddy's Last Crop
- Arrogate Breezes at Santa Anita
- Quality Over Quantity in Fasig-Tipton Saratoga Catalog
- Irap Gets Best of Girvin in Ohio Derby
- Street Surrender, Roman Secure First Stakes Win
- Society's Chairman Continues Beating the Odds
- Lady Eli, Cloud Computing Among Workers for Brown