Steady and solid was the theme of the 2008 selected session of the Woodbine yearling sale on Sept. 2, hosted by the Ontario division of the Canadian Thoroughbred Horse Society.
Fasig-Tipton has restructured its senior management team, it was announced Sept. 2. The changes include the addition of one of Sheikh Mohammed's key employees in America, Dan Pride, to the auction firm's executive ranks.
Visionaire, winner of the Aug. 23 NetJets King's Bishop Stakes (gr. I), won't be pointed for the Breeders' Cup at Santa Anita Park in October because none of the races offers him the opportunity to do "what he does best," according to a recent article on Team Valor International's Web site.
Canadian invader Southern Exchange might not be favored in the Sept. 3 Del Mar Futurity (gr. I) closing day, but he's the only one of the 11 contestants with as many as three wins.
Officials with two Ohio racetracks indicated they hope to offer Thoroughbred meets in 2009 and could be close to a deal with local horsemen on revenue from advance deposit wagering.
Sought After, who is closely related to 2006 Belmont Stakes (gr. I) Jazil, has been moved to Tom and Nancy Clark's Rancho San Miguel near San Miguel, Calif.
A routine closing day at Ellis Park Sept. 1 turned eventful when three men robbed some pari-mutuel clerks following the last race at the Henderson, Ky. racetrack.
- by Terese Karmel Family members are always doing something special for each other, but perhaps trainer Leo O'Brien's selfless act for his son, Keith, is beyond the call of duty.
Officials of Barretts, Fasig-Tipton, Keeneland, and the Ocala Breeders' Sales Co. have agreed to institute major changes relating to the under tack shows for their sales of 2-year-olds in training.
Officials with Breeders' Cup and Churchill Downs aren't ready to confirm the 2010 World Championships will be held at the Kentucky racetrack.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Irish War Cry Morning-Line Pick in Wide-Open Haskell
- Fayeq Impresses in Saratoga Allowance Victory
- No Sure Favorite in Woodbine's Royal North Stakes
- Successful Sire City Zip Dead at 19
- Ascend, Bigger Picture to Clash in Bowling Green
- Look Back: Bernardini's Dandy Score at Saratoga
- Jockey Flores Plans to Retire From Riding
- Always Dreaming, Cloud Computing Head Jim Dandy
- Dual Oaks Winner Enable Steps Up in King George
- Swansea Mile Delivers a Smithwick Shocker