A Macho Uno colt brought $400,000 to top the Sept. 14 session of the Keeneland September yearling sale, a session that saw the trend of decreases in the major sale indices continue.
Undefeated Zarkava gave the Qatar Prix Vermeille (Fr-I) field a good head start and still ran off with a two-length victory for her sixth consecutive win Sept. 14 at Longchamp.
Trainer Mike Mitchell has an Oct. 11 hearing with stewards at Santa Anita Park on a complaint filed against him by the California Horse Racing Board charging medication violations for the use of procaine on one of his horses.
Jockey Jesse Campbell, expected to miss the remainder of the Arlington Park meeting after sustaining a shoulder injury in a fall Sept. 6, plans to return to action with three mounts on the Thursday, Sept. 18 program at the Northwest Chicago track.
C Karma seized the lead in the final furlong and held off the late surging 45-1 shot Freyga by a neck to capture the $157,853 Natalma Stakes (Can-III) on a soft Woodbine turf course Sept. 14.
WinStar Farm's Colonel John, winner of the $1 million Travers Stakes (gr. I) by a nose at Saratoga, worked four furlongs Sept. 14 on Santa Anita's Pro-Ride surface in :48 4/5 for trainer Eoin Harty. The colt is headed for the $5 million Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I) Oct. 25 at the Oak Tree at Santa Anita meet.
High winds forced the cancellation of the live race card at Turfway Park after two races Sept. 14.
Millionaire Champali's first winner, Champ Laila, won Sept. 12 at Turfway Park.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Brings Baffert Back to World Cup
- Weekend Stakes Rundown: Dubai World Cup Night
- Owner-Breeder Bertram Klein Dies
- Litfin at Large: Getting Handle on Dubai World Cup Card
- Zulu Seeks Skip Away Rebound
- Different Paths, Futures for Two Spiral Contenders
- Arnold Believes Spiral is Good Spot for Convict Pike
- Arrogate Lands Post Nine For Dubai World Cup
- Mind Your Biscuits Could Give Summers First Win
- El Areeb Works at Laurel Toward Wood Memorial