Azul Leon remained unbeaten with an assist from the Del Mar stewards, who disqualified the first-place finisher Kelly Leak from victory in the $150,000 Best Pal Stakes (gr. II) Aug. 10.
McCann's Mojave, fourth in the Hollywood Gold Cup, took a step toward the Aug. 24 Pacific Classic (gr. I) at Del Mar the morning of Aug. 10 with a sizzling six-furlong move in 1:10.60 at Golden Gate Fields for trainer Steve Specht.
Marchand D'Or entered the record books by powering to his third straight victory in the Prix Maurice de Gheest (Fr-I) at Deauville Aug. 10.
Godolphin's Music Note is likely headed for the $600,000 Alabama Stakes (gr. I) along with stablemate Little Belle Aug. 16 at Saratoga, although the Travers (gr. I) remains a possibility for the two-time grade I winner in New York this season.
Bold Union, winner of her first two starts by a remarkable total of 20 1/2 lengths, headlines a field of eight 2-year-old fillies in the $150,000 Adirondack Stakes (gr. II) at Saratoga Aug. 13.
Tenpins, a millionaire son of Smart Strike out of the Deputy Minister mare Maid's Broom, sired his first winner when a daughter, La Lynn, won by 10 1/4 lengths.
The Fasig-Tipton New York-bred preferred sale opened with mixed results Aug. 9. The average rose 19.4% and the median jumped 40%, but more than half the horses offered went unsold.
Stakes winner Patrol was represented by his first winner when his daughter Sneaky Patrol won Aug. 7 at Woodbine.
Stakes-placed Slew's Prince came through with his first winner when a daughter, Warren's Lady Slew, won Aug. 8 at Del Mar in her first start.
Roger That sired his first winner when his daughter Lady Eugenie won Aug. 7 at Louisiana Downs.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Beholder Fires Bullet, Ready to Rumble
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Derby Runner-Up Commanding Curve Retired
- Nyquist Improving; Exaggerator Jogs Two Miles
- Centeno Recovering in Florida After Spill
- Making the Grade: Exaggerator's Belmont Shot
- Woodward, Hancock to Racing Hall of Fame
- Court Order Has Preciado Racing Again at Parx
- Uncle Mo Filly Brings $1 Million at F-T Sale