Jockey Glenn Murphy has been suspended 180 days and fined $2,500 for possession of an electrical device at Lone Star Park, according to the Star-Telegram.
The Australian Easter Broodmare sale in Sydney May 4 at the Inglis Newmarket complex was sensationally supported by big buying broodmare lovers.
The Kentucky Horse Racing Authority released a statement May 5 regarding Eight Belles, who was injured and subsequently euthanized after the May 3 Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I). It followed demands by People for Ethical Treatment of Animals for changes in the horseracing industry.
Big Brown to return to track Wed. morning; Stevil works for Preakness
- By Claire Novak
On the morning of April 30, as the eyes of the nation turned to Churchill Downs for the upcoming running of the 134th Kentucky Derby, a Brook Ledge horse van arrived at Stephens Thoroughbreds in Ocala, Fla.
In the wake of the death of the filly Eight Belles as she galloped out after the May 3 Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I), animal-rights organizations are publicly calling for changes -- some of them drastic -- for the horseracing industry.
More Than Ready, who figures to top this season's Australian 2-year-old sires list, has had his stud fee bumped to $110,000 (approximately $103,000 in U.S. funds) for this year's Australian bookings.
The Florida Legislature ended its annual two-month session May 2 without passing two slot machine bills that were sought by the Thoroughbred industry.
Land O'Lakes Purina Feed has implemented a voluntary recall of some horse feed due to a possible excess of aflatoxin.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Midnight Storm Seeks Grade 1 Dirt Win in Gold Cup
- Lady Eli Brings Her Class to Gamely
- CHRB Discusses Creating Single California Circuit
- Asmussen Earns $50,000 Preakness Weekend Bonus
- The Greatest Performance No One Has Seen
- Leslie's Lady in Foal to American Pharoah
- Classic Empire to Coolmore on Retirement
- Enola Gray, Illuminant Look Strong in Monrovia Field
- Freshman Flashpoint Gets His First Winner
- Maker a Triple Threat in AP Classic