Duke of Marmalade is proving to be a worthy successor to former stablemate Dylan Thomas after notching his second consecutive group I victory in the Tattersalls Gold Cup (Ire-I) at the Curragh May 25.
Halfway To Heaven capped an outstanding weekend for trainer Aidan O'Brien by holding on for a head victory over Mad About You in the Boylesports Irish One Thousand Guineas (Ire-I) at the Curragh May 25.
Canadian-bred Rahy's Attorney, who has made all 13 of his lifetime starts at Woodbine, earned his biggest victory to date May 25, as he kicked clear at the top of the lane and went on to take the $166,050 Connaught Cup (Can-III) under Slade Callaghan by a half-length at odds of 16-1.
Making her first start in seven months, multiple graded stakes winner Dream Rush broke on top, showed her typical blazing speed and seemingly had the $147,000 Vagrancy Handicap (gr. II) put away halfway through the 6 1/2-furlong test. But Looky Yonder recovered from her poor break and came flying up the rail under Garrett Gomez to catch the odds-on favorite in the final strides to win by a length May 25 on the Belmont Park dirt.
Jockey Erick Rodriguez was transported to Sinai Hospital for X-rays on his left knee and abdomen after he was thrown from his mount during the sixth race at Pimlico Race Course May 25.
Big Brown, who will be seeking the coveted Triple Crown in the June 7 Belmont Stakes (gr. I), has a "slight" quarter crack on the inside of his left front foot, trainer Rick Dutrow said May 25.
Peter Ho Leung secured the first group I of his training career when Packing Winner finally turned the shadow into substance, fighting off odds-on favourite Viva Pataca to mark a memorable graduation to Hong Kong racing's elite level.
Grade I winner and millionaire Nobiz Like Shobiz has been retired from racing.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Classic Empire to Coolmore on Retirement
- Leslie's Lady in Foal to American Pharoah
- Curlin Colt Sets Midlantic Record at $1.5 Million
- Agent O'Neill Bullish on Stallion Orb
- What's Going On Here: The Pay Off
- McCraken Back on Work Tab After Derby Disappointment
- Thunder Snow, Churchill Face Off in Irish 2,000 Guineas
- Grade 1 Winner, Sire Devil His Due Dies at 28
- Orb Colt Lives Up to Buzz Selling For $710,000
- Cloud Computing Leaves Pimlico, Others Thinking Belmont