Well, should we talk about the vagaries of Polytrack form for the umpteenth time or concentrate on the weekend's racing?
A federal bankruptcy judge has signed an order to convert the Chapter 11 business reorganization of ClassicStar LLC to Chapter 7 liquidation, paving the way for creditors to pursue whatever assets they can find linked to the former broodmare-lease operator.
HorseRacing TV has reached an agreement with Comcast Cable in the greater Chicago region for carriage of the 24-hour horseracing network beginning April 30, just in time for the Arlington Park meet.
Dogwood Stable's Atoned, fourth last time out in the grade II, $500,000 Illinois Derby, will be entered in the grade II $325,000 Coolmore Lexington Stakes at Keeneland on April 19, according to Cot Campbell, Dogwood Stable President.
WinStar Farms' Colonel John worked four furlongs in :47.40, and Bob Black Jack went :48.00 on the Cushion Track at Santa Anita Park the morning of April 14.
The first new racecourse to open in Britain since 1928 is finally meant to stage a race meeting, April 20, over 18 months late.Great Leighs, which has a Polytrack surface, was meant to open in October 2006 but various delays, most involving planning and construction, have occurred
Horses returned to Monmouth Park in New Jersey the morning of April 14 to prepare for a 99-day meet that gets under way May 9.
Defending steeplechase champion Good Night Shirt served notice that he won't give up his title easily with a convincing victory in his 2008 debut April 12 in the $100,000 W Hotel/Irongate Capital Georgia Cup (NSA-I) at the Atlanta Steeplechase.
Cliff Guilliams, a chart caller and racing writer, died in his sleep April 12 in a Louisville hotel room.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Midnight Storm Seeks Grade 1 Dirt Win in Gold Cup
- Lady Eli Brings Her Class to Gamely
- CHRB Discusses Creating Single California Circuit
- Asmussen Earns $50,000 Preakness Weekend Bonus
- The Greatest Performance No One Has Seen
- Leslie's Lady in Foal to American Pharoah
- Classic Empire to Coolmore on Retirement
- Enola Gray, Illuminant Look Strong in Monrovia Field
- Freshman Flashpoint Gets His First Winner
- Maker a Triple Threat in AP Classic