The entries were taken and the post positions drawn this morning for Delta Downs Racetrack Casino and Hotel's richest program of the year.
Indygo Shiner, who is represented by four Argentine group I winners this year, will stand the 2009 breeding season at John Sikura's Hill 'n' Dale Farms near Lexington.
Sheikh Mohammed's bloodstock manager, John Ferguson, bought the most expensive horse at the Tattersalls December breeding stock sale for the second day in a row. He spent 1.7 million guineas for French listed winner Princesse Dansante (by King's Best) Dec. 2 in England.
Richard Thompson's Ballast has captured the Tropical Turf Handicap (gr. IIIT) the past two years, but his bid for a three-peat will not be easy, as the 7-year-old gelding will face an accomplished field of horses Dec. 6 in the $100,000 event at Calder Race Course.
The Kentucky Horse Racing Commission has scheduled a Dec. 3 hearing to consider the appeal of Dr. Rodney Stewart, who was suspended five years in September 2007 for multiple violations of the state's medication regulations.
The trainer and identifier involved in an incident in which the wrong horse ran in a Nov. 19 race at Beulah Park have been fined and suspended by the track's stewards.
Dixieland Band, sire of 115 stakes winners and the earners of $73 million, has been pensioned from stud duty at William S. Farish's Lane's End Farm near Versailles, Ky.
Mexico's Caliente Group, a veteran player in the simulcast racing industry, has improved its simulcast system with major technical upgrades.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Disco Rico and His Record-Setting Son Disco Partner
- The Stronach Group Considers New England Venture
- Kentucky Derby Starters Reunite in Ohio Derby
- Big Orange Gets Best of Order of St George in Gold Cup
- Jockey Club Gold Cup Purse Lowered, Cigar Mile Hiked
- Milestone Victory for Goodwin Comes at Canterbury Park
- Battle of Midway Using Affirmed as Prep for Haskell
- It's Over: Parties Reach Agreement in Life At Ten Case
- Lady Aurelia Overpowers Males in King's Stand
- International Sire Elusive Quality Pensioned