Undefeated Peppers Pride left the door open for a challenge, but once again she proved too tough for her state-bred competitors, holding sway for her record 18th consecutive win in the $177,615 New Mexico Cup Fillies & Mares Stakes at Zia Park Nov. 9.
On a 43-degree day at Woodbine, jockey Patrick Husbands sat chilly on Marchfield until the last possible moment, rallying for a half-length victory in the $139,125 Autumn Stakes (Can-II) on the Toronto oval's Polytrack Nov. 9.
Shut off along the hedge in the final furlong, Nistle's Crunch altered his path sharply for jockey Robby Albarado and caught favored Seaspeak in the final yards to win the $112,900 Commonwealth Turf (gr. IIIT) at Churchill Downs Nov. 9.
Stakes-place Exciting Metro has been retired from racing and will enter stud at Graham Farms near Roswell, N.M.
Estejo produced a huge upset in the Premio Roma at Rome's Capannelle Nov. 9, giving German trainer Ralf Rohne and jockey Daniele Porcu of Italy their first group I success.
Unbeaten 2-year-old Run Away and Hide has been retired from racing and will enter stud in 2009 at John Phillips' Darby Dan Farm near Lexington.
Saratoga grade II-winning sprinter Santana Strings has been retired from racing for stallion duty at Dr. William J. Solomon's Pin Oak Lane Farm near New Freedom, Pa.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Exaggerator to Rest at WinStar
- Tepin Works Half-Mile at Saratoga
- Charlton’s Abbotts Retiring on Own Terms
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- Champion Hidden Lake Dies at 23
- McCarron: Clarification
- Jockey Gallardo to Try Southern California
- Postponed Clear Favorite in Arc de Triomphe
- Outwork, Speightster Retire to WinStar
- Borell Enters Alford Plea on Cruelty Charges