Southern California shipper Celtic Dreamin successfully invaded Canada for his first graded stakes win, romping to victory in the CAN$263,780 British Columbia Breeders' Cup Derby (Can-III) Sept. 23 at Hastings Race Course.
New South Wales racing was to return Sept. 22 to Sydney's Rosehill Gardens, with 12 races planned and more than 210 horses engaged. The morning of the meeting, that all changed. Horses at Warwick Farm, a track that had previously been clean of equine influenza, came down with the virus. Rosehill officials were forced to scrap the meeting, as many horses set to compete had been trained at Warwick.
Schiaparelli claimed his third victory in a row with an impressive win in the IVG Preis von Europa (Ger-I) at Cologne Sept. 23.
Super Freaky tries to end a four-race losing streak while facing older fillies and mares for the first time when she returns to her favorite turf course at Santa Anita for the $100,000 Senator Ken Maddy Handicap (gr. IIIT) Sept. 26, the opening day of the Oak Tree meeting.
Topped by a Victory Gallop filly sold for $95,000, Sunday's 13th session of the Keeneland September Yearling Sale followed the pattern of the 10 previous sessions as the gross receipts and average and median prices soared.
Twice this summer, Cloudy's Knight just missed winning a pair of graded stakes. Those experiences must have helped the 7-year-old, as he was not to be denied a third time, taking the $300,000 Sky Classic Stakes (Can-IIT) Sept. 23 at Woodbine by a length.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- The Art of Exaggerator's Stud Deal
- Suddenbreakingnews Now 'Official Ridgling'
- Songbird Works at Santa Anita, Target Unknown
- Si Sage Speeds to Whittingham Victory
- Exaggerator Arrives at Belmont Park
- Leroidesanimaux Dies at 16
- California Chrome 'Stronger' in Los Al Drill
- Lexie Lou Back to Winning Ways at Woodbine
- Makahiki Wins Japanese Derby
- Royal Ascot Journey Confirmed for Tepin