Successful stallions Rainbow Quest and Robellino were euthanized in England.
Sarava, who upset War Emblem in the 2002 Belmont Stakes (gr. I), will relocate to Eddie Martin's Martin Stables South near Reddick, Fla.
An Irish consortium is on the verge of acquiring the Racing Post newspaper, Britain's only racing daily, from the current owners Trinity Mirror Group.
Old Friends, a Thoroughbred Retirement Facility near Georgetown, Ky., will soon host its annual homecoming/fundraiser, and this year it's a three-day event. The festivities, which begin the evening of July 13 and continue through July 15, will be highlighted with performances by circus stars the Flying Wallendas and Sopranos actor Frank Santorelli.
Two of Europe's major bloodstock auction companies, Doncaster Bloodstock Sales of the UK, and Goffs of Ireland, have merged.
The second season for 3-year-olds began on July 4, with the emphatic victory by Any Given Saturday in the Dwyer Stakes (gr. II), and judging from the works turned in by Curlin and Hard Spun on Monday, as well as Street Sense's work on Sunday, the heavy hitters from the Triple Crown are all primed and ready for their respective returns.
Katsumi Yoshida knew he had some outstanding yearlings in his Northern Farm consignment but even he was surprised when a French Deputy colt established a Japanese record during Monday's session of the Japan Racing Horse Association select sale.
Churchill Downs concluded its 2007 spring meet Sunday, July 8, with gains in average daily on-track wagering and attendance while experiencing a decline in off-track and all-sources wagering over the 52-day racing season that began April 28.
With the Japanese industry continuing to wait for a dominant successor to perennial leading sire Sunday Silence, who died in 2002, much of their hope seems to have fallen on Deep Impact's bay shoulders.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Multiple Grade 1 Winner I'm a Chatterbox Retired
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - April 25, 2017
- Three Chimneys Strikes Early for Orb Colt at $685,000
- McCraken Finishes Strong in Five-Furlong Move
- Romans Mulling Rider Options for J Boys Echo
- Dodd's Tiznow Colt Attracting Attention at OBS
- Record Purses, Increased Handle at Oaklawn Park
- Ten Off-Track Thoroughbreds Expected for Rolex Kentucky
- Nichols Canyon Connections Pointing for Iroquois Bonus
- Capps' Death is Big Loss to Louisville Equine Program