Sir Michael Stoute, who has saddled such notable winners of the Princess Margaret Stakes (Eng-III) as classic winner Russian Rhythm and group II winner Enthused, added another potential star to that group when the filly Visit captured this year's renewal at Ascot on Sunday.
Soldier Hollow, who at age seven was the oldest competitor in the field, captured his second consecutive victory in the Grosser Dallmayr-Preis (Ger-I) at Munich on Sunday.
Darjina made amends for her third place finish at Royal Ascot by battling back to win the Prix d'Astarte (Fr-I) by a half-length at Deauville on Sunday.
Michael Baze, who led all riders at Hollywood Park and is atop the current Del Mar standings, was thrown in the first race at Del Mar Sunday when his mount, Lyrical Sound, broke down in the stretch of the 1 1/16-mile turf race.
Street Sense made his return to racing a successful one Sunday with a facile victory at short odds in the $500,000 Jim Dandy (gr. II) at Saratoga.
Melnyk Racing Stables' Gouldings Green showed his versatility while repeating his victory of last year in Sunday's CAN$150,000 Chinese Cultural Centre Seagram Cup (Can-III) at Woodbine.
Jockey Kendrick Carmouche won his 1,000th race on July 28 when he guided Remain Silent to victory in the $100,000 Robert W. Camac Memorial Handicap for Pennsylvania breds at Philadelphia Park.
Richard Mena has been named the Jockeys' Guild chaplain by the organization's board of directors.
Trainer Nick Zito is hoping for a little payback when his colt Most Distinguished takes on Sir Five Star, conditioned by former assistant Jamie Sanders, in the $150,000 Amsterdam Stakes (gr. II) at Saratoga on Monday.
Perch on a picnic table near a small barn in Clare Court and take a long look at this year's Kentucky Derby winner...
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - April 25, 2017
- Three Chimneys Strikes Early for Orb Colt at $685,000
- McCraken Finishes Strong in Five-Furlong Move
- Romans Mulling Rider Options for J Boys Echo
- Capps' Death is Big Loss to Louisville Equine Program
- Albarado Fractures Lower Leg, Off J Boys Echo in Derby
- Santa Anita Cancels April 27 Racing
- Nichols Canyon Connections Pointing for Iroquois Bonus
- Spending Time With New Trainer Kent Sweezey
- Goldikova, Espinoza Among Hall of Fame Inductees