After Market, the 3-5 favorite ridden by Alex Solis, enhanced his reputation as one of America's outstanding horses on grass Sunday with a sparkling victory in the $400,000 Eddie Read Handicap (gr. IT) at Del Mar.
Bill Sorokolit's Sky Conqueror rallied to get the lead a furlong from home, then rolled to 1 1/2-length victory, making it back-to-back wins in the CAN$698,200 Northern Dancer Breeders' Cup Turf (Can-II) Sunday on the Woodbine turf.
Masseuse rallied from just off the pace to capture the CAN$304,900 Dance Smartly Stakes (Can-II) for fillies and mares by a nose at Woodbine Sunday.
Belmont Stakes (gr. I) winner Rags to Riches was pulled up Sunday morning shortly after beginning a five-furlong workout at Belmont Park.
John Messara was elected president of the Thoroughbred Breeders Australia, during a meeting of its board July 20.
Canterbury Park President Randy Sampson announced July 21 that the Canterbury Park Minnesota Fund has pledged $100,000 to the new University of Minnesota Equine Center.
Leading jockey Paul Nolan won his 1,000th career race July 21 aboard Hurricane Bernie in the $45,000 Canterbury Park Lassie Stakes on the same track on which he earned his first career victory in 1990.
At a July 20 meeting of Thoroughbred Breeders Australia Limited, the board elected John Messara as president of the association.
Grade I winner Lido Palace was represented by his first winner July 20.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Albarado Fractures Ankle, Off J Boys Echo in Derby
- Santa Anita Cancels April 27 Racing
- Irad Ortiz Jr. Wins Aqueduct Riding Title
- Dolphus Outruns Quality Field at Aqueduct
- Pricey Filly Tops OBS Pinhook Prospects
- J Boys Echo Breezes Five Furlongs at Churchill
- Reach the World Euthanized After Training Injury
- Party Boat Upsets Fifty Five in Memories of Silver
- Southern Ring Speeds to Whimsical Victory
- Imperative Repeats in Charles Town Classic