A North American record Pick Six pool of $10,870,752.48 was generated Monday at Hollywood Park as a record four-day carryover of $3,274,505.48 produced a single-day record Pick Six handle of $7,596,347.12.
A report by the New York Office of Inspector General to Gov. Eliot Spitzer lists four "general areas of concern" among the four entities seeking the franchise to operate Aqueduct, Belmont Park, and Saratoga, including relationships with rebate shops and bookmakers who take bets on racing from the United States.
Another group I race, another sweep for trainer Aidan O'Brien as Soldier of Fortune led fellow Ballydoyle trainees Alexander of Hales and Eagle Mountain home in a rain-soaked Budweiser Irish Derby (Ire-I) Sunday at the Curragh.
The winners of this spring's memorable first two Triple Crown races were in action at Churchill Downs July 1 as Street Sense, winner of the Kentucky Derby presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I), and Curlin, who edged the Derby winner to take a memorable renewal of the Preakness Stakes (gr. I), each worked five furlongs under the historic Twin Spires.
The William Inglis & Son Great Southern Sale ended Friday with strong competition for the racehorses, yearlings and unbroken stock on offer. The clearance rate of 92% was indicative of the strong demand for the offerings, as a record overall sale gross of Aus$11,915,000 was recorded.
The Tattersalls Ireland Derby Sale ended on a record note Friday, with a €15,754,500 aggregate, a total of 30 lots selling for €100,000 or more, and six lots making €200,000.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Neglect Case Under Investigation
- Major Expansion Planned for Aqueduct Casino
- No Horses Injured in Pennsylvania Barn Fire
- Cuomo Administration Fires Back at Criticism
- Japan Races added to BC Challenge Series
- Mo Tom Clear Winner in Ohio Derby
- Melatonin Game in Gold Cup Victory
- Europeans Set for Belmont Derby, Oaks
- KY-Bred Ryans Charm Scores Repeat in Peru GI
- Into Mischief Filly MHBA Yearling Show Champ