A North American record Pick Six pool of $10,870,752.48 was generated Monday at Hollywood Park as a record four-day carryover of $3,274,505.48 produced a single-day record Pick Six handle of $7,596,347.12.
A report by the New York Office of Inspector General to Gov. Eliot Spitzer lists four "general areas of concern" among the four entities seeking the franchise to operate Aqueduct, Belmont Park, and Saratoga, including relationships with rebate shops and bookmakers who take bets on racing from the United States.
Another group I race, another sweep for trainer Aidan O'Brien as Soldier of Fortune led fellow Ballydoyle trainees Alexander of Hales and Eagle Mountain home in a rain-soaked Budweiser Irish Derby (Ire-I) Sunday at the Curragh.
The winners of this spring's memorable first two Triple Crown races were in action at Churchill Downs July 1 as Street Sense, winner of the Kentucky Derby presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I), and Curlin, who edged the Derby winner to take a memorable renewal of the Preakness Stakes (gr. I), each worked five furlongs under the historic Twin Spires.
The William Inglis & Son Great Southern Sale ended Friday with strong competition for the racehorses, yearlings and unbroken stock on offer. The clearance rate of 92% was indicative of the strong demand for the offerings, as a record overall sale gross of Aus$11,915,000 was recorded.
The Tattersalls Ireland Derby Sale ended on a record note Friday, with a €15,754,500 aggregate, a total of 30 lots selling for €100,000 or more, and six lots making €200,000.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Conquest Mo Money Still Undefeated, Sunland Derby Next
- Girvin Upsets Risen Star Stakes
- McCraken Top Individual in Kentucky Derby Future Wager
- Girvin, Farrell Exit Fair Grounds Wins Well
- Dortmund Could Return in Triple Bend
- Fasig-Tipton Gulfstream Sale Poised for Strength
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- El Areeb Sharp in Five-Furlong Workout
- Jockey Alex Birzer Reaches 3,000 Wins
- Under Tack Show Can Make or Break Sale