A colt from the first crop of Sky Mesa worked an eighth of a mile in :10 seconds Monday as the fastest time during the training preview for the 2007 Barretts Summer Sale of Two-Year-Olds in Training and Horses of Racing Age.
Marguerite Finney Dance, former senior editor of The Maryland Horse and its sister publication, Mid-Atlantic Thoroughbred, died June 24 following a lengthy illness.
The National Thoroughbred Racing Association announced Monday that Vicki L. Baumgardner has been named its new chief financial officer.
The Kentucky Equine Education Project's board of directors announced June 25 its endorsement of the Steve Beshear-Daniel Mongiardo ticket in the 2007 Kentucky gubernatorial campaign.
Calvin Borel, regular rider of Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) winner Street Sense, and Robby Albarado, rider of Preakness Stakes (gr. I) winner Curlin, head up this year's list of nominees for ESPN's ESPY Awards in the top jockey category.
Scat Daddy, a grade I winner the past two years, has been retired from racing because of a slight tendon injury
Chrisman Mill Vineyard, located near Lexington, has recently released its second bottle of wine featuring sketch from the "Artist Signature Series," an ongoing collection of retired racehorse portraits provided by well-known actors. The series benefits Old Friends Thoroughbred retirement farm.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Rachel's Valentina 7-2 Oaks Favorite
- Grudge Match in the Alysheba
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - May 3, 2016
- Lani Breezes in Final Derby Preparation
- Amoss Believes Lanerie Best Fit for Mo Tom
- Three Grade I Winners Vie for La Troienne
- NBC Sports Group Sets Derby Week Coverage
- Nyquist's Groom Keeps Top Derby Horse Happy
- Nyquist Strong in First Churchill Gallop
- NYRA Looking at Synthetic Track for Aqueduct