Veteran jockey Victor Molina was ejected from the grounds of Philadelphia Park on Monday after the track received numerous complaints concerning his actions prior to the start of the third race.
- By Ryan Conley
Former professional basketball player Greg Minor is among the latest to join a long list of investors who claim former broodmare lease operator ClassicStar and its affiliates caused them to lose large sums of money.
Dr. Jacquelyn (Jackie) Rich was elected president of the Texas Thoroughbred Association. The board also elected three other new officers: Mark Cornett, first vice president; Dr. Ken Quirk, second vice president; and Sherry Raska, secretary-treasurer. John Adger, Bill Clifton, and Gene Palmieri were chosen to fill at-large positions on the executive committee.
Waquoit, a stalwart within the Maryland stallion ranks, was euthanized June 14 at Northview Stallion Station in Chesapeake City, Md., due to complications from the infirmities of old age. The son of Relaunch was 24.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Far From Over Victorious in Return
- How a Sire Line Develops
- Phantom Dollars Flood Track's Double Pool
- Too Early to Gauge 'Brexit' Effect on Sales
- BHA Working on Strategies After 'Brexit' Vote
- Weather Impacts Churchill June 23 Program
- Nominations Being Accepted for Top Simulcast
- Legends: Joe Hirsch, Racing Ambassador
- Magee Clinches Training Title at Pimlico
- Eutrophia to Reduce Thoroughbred Holdings