Kentucky Derby winner Street Sense remains a "possible" starter in the June 9 Belmont Stakes (gr. I).
Satish and Anne Sanan announced Thursday that Padua Stables has sold a minority interest in Exchange Rate, currently North America's leading juvenile sire and a leading third crop sire, to Three Chimneys Farm and that he will stand the 2008 season at Three Chimneys, near Midway, Ky.
The Japan Racing Horse Association (JRHA) 's select foal and select yearling sales will be held July 9-11 at the Northern Horse Park on the Japanese island of Hokkaido.
Following a non-effort in the March 31 Dubai Sheema Classic (UAE-I), Glencrest Farm's Honey Ryder returns to America looking to repeat last year's win in the $150,000 Sheepshead Bay Handicap (gr. IIT) at Belmont Park Saturday afternoon.
Curlin, winner of the May 19 Preakness Stakes (gr. I), is gearing for a start in the Belmont and returned to the racetrack May 23 at Churchill Downs for the first time since his victory over Street Sense, winner of this year's Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I)
Legislation to expand gaming in Illinois remains alive as the legislature nears the scheduled adjournment date for its spring session. House Speaker Michael Madigan upped the ante by announcing Wednesday, May 24, that House Democrats see gaming as the most attractive source of new revenue for the state.
The United States will no longer have to open itself to foreign providers of betting services, a move the National Thoroughbred Racing Association said will strengthen the online pari-mutuel industry.
Frank Calabrese's Lewis Michael has been installed as the 7-2 morning-line favorite for Saturday's Hanshin Cup (gr. III) at Arlington Park.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Deal Reached on Pegasus Starting Slot for Gun Runner
- A. P. Indy Fires Another Across the Bow
- First Foal for Circumference is a Filly
- Jockey Lane Luzzi Follows in Father's Footsteps
- Bahamian Squall's First Foal is a Colt
- Untapped Takes First Steps Toward Filling Big Shoes
- Recalling World's Most Lucrative Races
- New York Lawmakers Question Cuomo's NYRA Plans
- First Foal a Filly for Grade 1 Winner Danza
- First Foal by Fast Anna Born in New York