Updated weekly, the 2007 Derby Prep Winners photo gallery brings all the excitement of the key races leading up to the annual Run for the Roses on the first Saturday in May through the eyes of some of the best photographers on the Thoroughbred scene.
Louisiana Derby (gr. II) runner-up Ketchikan is lame in his left front foot, which could knock him off the Triple Crown trail.
The times were freakishly fast at Keeneland Monday when the first under tack show for a juvenile sale in North America was conducted over Polytrack.
Regal Band, dam of 2001 Kentucky Derby (gr. I) winner Monarchos, died April 9 at Rood & Riddle Equine Hospital near Lexington.
Arlington Park president Roy Arnold announced April 9 that Ken Kiehn has been named as vice president of sales, marketing and guest services for the Illinois track.
Orange County, Calif., building contractor Michael Bello, owner of multiple stakes winner Megahertz, is donating $58,000 to the Permanently Disabled Jockeys' Fund and another $250,000 to assist the Jockeys' Guild
Round Pond, who won last year's Emirates Airline Breeders' Cup Distaff, is retired with a slab fracture.
Grade I winner Sutra is the 123-pound highweight for Thursday's $250,000 Stonerside Beaumont (gr. II) at Keeneland, a race for 3-year-old fillies at about seven furlongs.
Citing inclement weather that led to the full or partial cancellation of eight live racing cards, Turfway Park concluded its winter/spring meet with declines in overall and on-track wagering.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Tepin Works; Trip to Royal Ascot Uncertain
- Leroidesanimaux Dies at 16
- California Chrome 'Stronger' in Los Al Drill
- Exaggerator Carries Delta Jackpot Flag
- Mike Venezia Memorial Award to Go to Pino
- Kentucky Suspends Umarov for 10 Years
- Exaggerator Gallops at Pimlico Race Course
- Rabada Strikes for Second Group I Win in SAf
- Destin Work is 'Stamina Builder' for Belmont
- Rockingham to End All Operations Aug. 31