Newly relocated apprentice sensation Joseph Talamo registered his first Santa Anita stakes victory aboard talented Try to Fly in Saturday's $83,250 San Pedro for 3-year-olds at 6 1/2 furlongs.
Mending Fences required little cooperation from Mother Nature as he led from gate to wire and won the $200,000 Connally Breeders' Cup Turf (gr. IIIT) at Sam Houston Race Park by three-quarters of a length Saturday night.
Bentley Biscuit rewarded the patience of his owners and collected an appropriate group I victory for trainer Gai Waterhouse on Australian Derby day April 7.
Camarilla supplied Elusive Quality with his first Australian group I when she powered home to win the AJC Sires' Produce Stakes (Aus-I) at Randwick on April 7.
Under confident handling by reigning Eclipse Award winner Edgar Prado, Lawyer Ron completed a happy homecoming Saturday afternoon at Oaklawn Park when he charged from off the pace to win the $500,000 Oaklawn Handicap (gr. II) by four lengths over Brother Bobby.
James Scatuorchio's Icy Atlantic rallied from last to get up by a head on the outside for Ramon Dominguez in Saturday's $150,000 Arcadia Handicap (gr. IIT) at one mile on the Santa Anita turf.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Always Dreaming Officially Ruled Out of Belmont Stakes
- Zayat Pinhooking Venture Returns Large Profit
- Graded Stakes Winner Destin Set for 2017 Debut
- Weekend Stakes Rundown: Gold Cup Day
- Champion Songbird Confirmed for Ogden Phipps
- Classic Empire to Begin Belmont Training
- Familiar Faces Highlight New York Showcase
- Litfin: Gold Cup Figures to Set up Well for Accelerate
- Epicharis Begins Journey to Belmont Park
- Hong Kong Champion Able Friend Retired