Lawrence the Roman, a 3-year-old son of Point Given who won his first three starts by a combined 25 1/4 lengths, has been retired from racing because of an injured leg.
A Van Nistlerooy -- Miss Malley filly named Maileys Cat turned in the fastest work for a quarter-mile Sunday at Lone Star Park during the under tack show for the Fasig Tipton Texas sale of 2-year-olds in training.
- By Tom Precious
Excelsior Racing Associates lost some of its major backing April 1, with the announcement that the Steinbrenner family and a major New York City development firm will no longer be involved in the effort to obtain New York's lucrative Thoroughbred racing franchise.
A company headed by Richard Fields, who co-developed the Hard Rock Casino and Hotel projects in Florida, has purchased a majority interest in the company that owns Suffolk Downs in Massachusetts.
Hank Zeitlin has been named president and chief operating officer of Equibase Co., succeeding Philip O'Hara Jr., who has resigned to pursue other opportunities in the Thoroughbred industry.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Classic Empire Out of Fountain of Youth
- Epicharis Earns Japan's Kentucky Derby Bid
- Zakaroff 48-1 Stunner in El Camino Real Derby
- Lucky Pulpit, Sire of 'Chrome', Dies of a Heart Attack
- Mo Town Set for 3-Year-Old Debut in Risen Star
- Gold Dream Punches Ticket to BC Classic
- Royal Delta Half Brother Scores on Gulfstream Turf
- Terra Promessa Goes Gate to Wire in Bayakoa
- Curlin's Approval Stretches Out Handily in Royal Delta