Lawrence the Roman, a 3-year-old son of Point Given who won his first three starts by a combined 25 1/4 lengths, has been retired from racing because of an injured leg.
A Van Nistlerooy -- Miss Malley filly named Maileys Cat turned in the fastest work for a quarter-mile Sunday at Lone Star Park during the under tack show for the Fasig Tipton Texas sale of 2-year-olds in training.
- By Tom Precious
Excelsior Racing Associates lost some of its major backing April 1, with the announcement that the Steinbrenner family and a major New York City development firm will no longer be involved in the effort to obtain New York's lucrative Thoroughbred racing franchise.
A company headed by Richard Fields, who co-developed the Hard Rock Casino and Hotel projects in Florida, has purchased a majority interest in the company that owns Suffolk Downs in Massachusetts.
Hank Zeitlin has been named president and chief operating officer of Equibase Co., succeeding Philip O'Hara Jr., who has resigned to pursue other opportunities in the Thoroughbred industry.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist, Exaggerator Renew Rivalry in Haskell
- Lady Eli Pointed to Aug. 27 Ballston Spa
- Exaggerator to Run in Haskell
- American Cleopatra Entered at Del Mar
- Alsvid Takes on Lord Nelson in Bing Crosby
- Bradester Towers Over Monmouth Cup Field
- Stellar Wind to Challenge Beholder Again
- Nyquist Arrives at Monmouth
- Lady Shipman Seeks Graded Win at Woodbine
- Mountaineer's Leading Trainer Suspended