California sprinter Bordonaro went gate to wire to successfully defend his title in the $150,000 Count Fleet Sprint Handicap (gr. III) at Oaklawn Park Friday, but he had to work harder to do it.
Juddmonte Farms' homebred Indian Flare should be formidable Sunday when she tries to give trainer Bobby Frankel his fourth Las Cienegas Handicap (gr. IIIT) win within six years at Santa Anita on the hillside turf course.
Mile specialist Kip Deville, once a speedy front-runner who has looked like a different horse since learning to rate for trainer Richard Dutrow Jr., outfought even-money choice Showing Up by a long neck to win Friday's $250,000 Maker's Mark Mile (gr. IIT) on the Keeneland grass course.
- By Ryan Conley
Fifth Third Bank faces a possible contempt order in California on May 10 over an allegation that it violated a court-ordered agreement by asking Keeneland to withhold any purse money Great Hunter might earn in the Toyota Blue Grass Stakes (gr. I). The financial institution made the request to the track due to its claim of an interest in the colt.
Robert C. Tanklage and Wesley Ward's One Hot Wish, a 2-year-old filly who posted a world record time of :48.87 for 4 1/2 furlongs in her career racing debut at Keeneland Thursday, will be offered during Keeneland's April juvenile auction Tuesday.
Author Sean Clancy will sign copies of "Barbaro: The Horse Who Captured America's Heart" at the Keeneland gift shop Friday, April 13, and will conduct two television interviews the following week.
Frances M. "Francy" Breede, owner and president of Morrissey's Horse Pullmans, died March 25 at her home.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Hill 'n' Dale Acquires Half Interest in Bubbler
- F-T Saratoga Offering 12 From Scat Daddy's Last Crop
- Industry Groups Ask for Change in Parx Oaks Ruling
- Ward Pleased With Stable's Royal Ascot Performance
- Arrogate Breezes at Santa Anita
- Quality Over Quantity in Fasig-Tipton Saratoga Catalog
- Irap Gets Best of Girvin in Ohio Derby
- Street Surrender, Roman Secure First Stakes Win
- Arrogate Unanimous Top Choice in NTRA Poll
- Society's Chairman Continues Beating the Odds