California sprinter Bordonaro went gate to wire to successfully defend his title in the $150,000 Count Fleet Sprint Handicap (gr. III) at Oaklawn Park Friday, but he had to work harder to do it.
Juddmonte Farms' homebred Indian Flare should be formidable Sunday when she tries to give trainer Bobby Frankel his fourth Las Cienegas Handicap (gr. IIIT) win within six years at Santa Anita on the hillside turf course.
Mile specialist Kip Deville, once a speedy front-runner who has looked like a different horse since learning to rate for trainer Richard Dutrow Jr., outfought even-money choice Showing Up by a long neck to win Friday's $250,000 Maker's Mark Mile (gr. IIT) on the Keeneland grass course.
- By Ryan Conley
Fifth Third Bank faces a possible contempt order in California on May 10 over an allegation that it violated a court-ordered agreement by asking Keeneland to withhold any purse money Great Hunter might earn in the Toyota Blue Grass Stakes (gr. I). The financial institution made the request to the track due to its claim of an interest in the colt.
Robert C. Tanklage and Wesley Ward's One Hot Wish, a 2-year-old filly who posted a world record time of :48.87 for 4 1/2 furlongs in her career racing debut at Keeneland Thursday, will be offered during Keeneland's April juvenile auction Tuesday.
Author Sean Clancy will sign copies of "Barbaro: The Horse Who Captured America's Heart" at the Keeneland gift shop Friday, April 13, and will conduct two television interviews the following week.
Frances M. "Francy" Breede, owner and president of Morrissey's Horse Pullmans, died March 25 at her home.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Tepin Refuses to Work March 27 at Palm Meadows
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Skychai Racing Purchases Interest in Fast and Accurate
- Two Juveniles Post Fastest Times at Barretts
- Hence Springs Upset in Sunland Derby
- McCraken Stretches Out in Keeneland Work
- Animo de Valeroso to Stand at Duncan Farms
- Dortmund Back to Dirt in Next Start
- Honorable Duty Aims to Continue Fair Grounds Roll
- Girvin Heads Louisiana Derby Field