The rock band The Police have confirmed a July 14 performance under the famed Twin Spires at Louisville's historic Churchill Downs.
The addition of a Breeders' Cup turf event for 2-year-olds has led River Downs to move its $200,000 Miller Lite Cradle Stakes from the dirt to the turf in 2007.
Breeders' Cup Limited has released logos for the 24th Breeders' Cup World Championships--which will be held Oct. 26-27 at Monmouth Park in Oceanport, N.J.--and for the Breeders' Cup Challenge, which will be used in conjunction with 25 sanctioned major stakes races, whose winners automatically qualify for the Championships.
A. P. Magic, a 3-year-old son of A.P. Indy who was bought for $2.3 million at the Keeneland September yearling sale, has been purchased by Arrowpoint Stud for stallion duty in South Africa.
Three new Tattersalls-sponsored sales races, restricted to graduates of the 2007 Tattersalls October Yearling Sale (Book One) and carrying a combined minimum total prize fund of Â£2.2 million, are to be staged at England's Newmarket racecourse starting in 2008/2009.
- By James Platz
The Indiana Horse Racing Commission has voted unanimously to endorse new rules that disallow a suspended trainer from transferring a horse to a spouse, immediate family member, or assistant trainer.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Tepin Works; Trip to Royal Ascot Uncertain
- Leroidesanimaux Dies at 16
- California Chrome 'Stronger' in Los Al Drill
- Exaggerator Carries Delta Jackpot Flag
- Kentucky Suspends Umarov for 10 Years
- Mike Venezia Memorial Award to Go to Pino
- Rabada Strikes for Second Group I Win in SAf
- Destin Work is 'Stamina Builder' for Belmont
- Exaggerator Gallops at Pimlico Race Course
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever