The rock band The Police have confirmed a July 14 performance under the famed Twin Spires at Louisville's historic Churchill Downs.
The addition of a Breeders' Cup turf event for 2-year-olds has led River Downs to move its $200,000 Miller Lite Cradle Stakes from the dirt to the turf in 2007.
Breeders' Cup Limited has released logos for the 24th Breeders' Cup World Championships--which will be held Oct. 26-27 at Monmouth Park in Oceanport, N.J.--and for the Breeders' Cup Challenge, which will be used in conjunction with 25 sanctioned major stakes races, whose winners automatically qualify for the Championships.
A. P. Magic, a 3-year-old son of A.P. Indy who was bought for $2.3 million at the Keeneland September yearling sale, has been purchased by Arrowpoint Stud for stallion duty in South Africa.
Three new Tattersalls-sponsored sales races, restricted to graduates of the 2007 Tattersalls October Yearling Sale (Book One) and carrying a combined minimum total prize fund of Â£2.2 million, are to be staged at England's Newmarket racecourse starting in 2008/2009.
The Indiana Horse Racing Commission has voted unanimously to endorse new rules that disallow a suspended trainer from transferring a horse to a spouse, immediate family member, or assistant trainer.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Continues Churchill Training
- Ward Fillies Work at Arlington for Royal Meet
- Sheikh Hamdan: U.S. TC Too Much Pressure
- Mubtaahij Breezes Easy at Belmont Park
- Ol' Fashion Gal Fends Off Late Run in Selene
- Ashleyluvssugar No Fluke in Whittingham
- Stewart Pleased with Tale of Verve at Belmont
- Solow, Queen's Jewel Win at Longchamp
- Main Sequence to Defend United Nations Title
- American Pharoah Gallops Again at Churchill
Most Popular Profiles
Trainer: Todd A. Pletcher
Owner: Alto Racing, LLC
Jockey: Javier Castellano