Longtime Southern California horseman Noble Threewitt officially called it a career on what was his 96th birthday Feb. 24 after spending the better part of eight decades in the Thoroughbred industry.
Ahmed Zayat's Zayat Stables has reached an agreement in principle to sell the breeding rights in undefeated 3-year-old E Z Warrior to John Magnier and partners' Irish-based Coolmore Stud.
Ol' Memorial Stable and Ed Glasscock's 3-year-old Buffalo Man was diagnosed with an ankle injury Sunday morning that will preclude any hopes of staying on the road to the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I).
The Louisiana Thoroughbred Breeders Association recently announced that the annual Breeders Sales Co. of Louisiana yearling sale followed by a mixed session will move from its previous Louisiana Downs, Bossier City location to the Ike Hamilton Equine Exposition Center located in West Monroe, La.
Robert M. "Bob" O'Malley, long-time executive at Suffolk Downs, died Feb. 25 at his home in Milton, Mass, after battling cancer for several years.
Three horses at a private training center in La Grange, Ky., have been confirmed positive for Streptococcus equi, the bacterium that causes strangles. The Kentucky Department of Agriculture has quarantined the barn.
Argentine-bred Derby Rider went from last to first to win Sunday's $27,400 Portland Meadows Mile, the signature event of the Delta Park oval.
Fair Grounds continued its live racing program Sunday despite a one-hour power outage prior to the eighth race.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Stradivari Sustains Career-Ending Injury
- Enola Gray Still Unbeaten After Del Mar Romp
- 7-Year-Old Gelding Wins First Start at Ellis
- Blame Angel Wins a Day After Trainer's Death
- After 35 Years, Jockey Joe Steiner Retires
- Ancient Secret Scores in Lake George
- McCarthy, Trainer of General Quarters, Dies
- Songbird Logs First Gallop at Saratoga
- Sweet Loretta Powers to Schuylerville Win
- Songbird Adds Star Power to Sunday's CCA Oaks