TVG, in partnership with Emerald Downs, will air 15 live racing events from Japan in 2007 concluding with the presentation of the Japan Cup (Jpn-I) on Nov. 24.
Making his first start for trainer Michael Machowsky, Bedlam Bertie demolished his competition in Sunday's $134,375 Sensational Star Handicap for California-breds at Santa Anita.
Grade I winning sprinter Greg's Gold returned from an absence of more than 18 months to win a $78,120 allowance event over four rivals at Santa Anita Sunday.
Mea Domina, unbeaten in four starts over Santa Anita's turf course, and Attima, victorious in her only start over the surface, will share high weight of 120 pounds in Monday's President's Day running of Santa Anita's Buena Vista Handicap (gr. IIT) for older fillies and mares at one mile.
Artie Schiller, who won the 2005 NetJets Breeders' Cup Mile (gr. IT) over subsequent grass champion Leroidesanimaux, will shuttle in 2007 to Independent Stallions Victoria in Australia.
The first reported foal by grade II winner Oratory is a filly born Feb. 2 at Dr. Jerry Bilinski's Waldorf Farm near North Chatham, N.Y.
Sunrise Bacchus, a son of Hennessy with several grade I placings over the dirt course at Tokyo, finally broke through for a well deserved win in the February Stakes (Jpn-I) held at Fuchu racecourse Sunday in front of a crowd of more than 50,000 people.
Hard Spun has four of a kind going into Monday's Southwest Stakes. We see a straight flush coming.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Sano's Faith in Gunnevera Unwavering for Florida Derby
- Dortmund Looks to Regain Form in Santana Mile
- Average Spikes at Barretts March Sale
- Trainer, Racing Official Daniel Dufford Dies at 66
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Celestine Seeks Honey Fox Repeat
- Tequilita Hopes to Go Distance in Gulfstream Oaks
- Unique Bella Sidelined Due to Shin Issue
- Classic Empire to Arkansas Derby After Impressive Work
- Tepin Refuses to Work March 27 at Palm Meadows