There was no separating Canadian invader Turf War and favored Z Humor at the finish of $1 million Boyd Gaming's Delta Jackpot (gr. III) following a desperate three-horse charge to the wire at foggy Delta Downs on the night of Dec. 7.
Undefeated By the Light ran her winning streak to four races with a convincing 5 1/4-length win in the $300,000 Boyd Gaming's Delta Princess for 2-year-old fillies at Delta Downs the night of Dec. 7.
- By Tom Precious
The New York Racing Association, whose annual deficits are "not reflective of operating in a sound and economical manner," underpaid the state of New York by $10.9 million in franchise fees from 2004 to 2005, according to a new audit by state comptroller Thomas DiNapoli.
- By Tom Precious
The New York Racing Association, whose annual deficits are ?not reflective of operating in a sound and economical manner,?? underpaid the state of New York by $10.9 million in franchise fees from 2004 to 2005, according to a new audit by state comptroller Thomas DiNapoli.
The Claiming Crown will return to Canterbury Park Aug. 2, 2008, with new conditions designed to increase participation in the event.
Eugene Navarro passed away in Hallandale, Fla. Nov. 27. The longtime horseman who trained grade I winner Charon was 92.
Macrovision Corp., which develops technology to prevent unauthorized copying and viewing of video, music and other content, said Dec. 7 it will buy the parent company of TVG, Gemstar-TV Guide International Inc,. for $2.8 billion in cash and stock.
Williamstown, a former mile record holder at Belmont Park, has arrived at Old Friends retirement home near Georgetown Ky.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Classic Winners Post Works at Saratoga
- As Arrogate's Stature Builds, So Do Expectations
- Dream It Is The Real Deal in Schuylerville
- Maryland Horse of the Year Ben's Cat Dies
- John Henry, Phil Marino, and Early Cajun Days
- Classic Empire to Resume Galloping
- Sanford Adds Another Chapter to Rich History Saturday
- Litfin: No Going Against Arrogate in San Diego
- CHRB Discusses Cutting Back Racing Dates
- Arrogate Begins Del Mar Journey in San Diego Handicap