Host, a grade I winner for owner Eugene Melnyk, has been bought by an Australian group that will stand him at stud.
Phantom Fiber Corp. and Churchill Downs Inc.'s advance deposit wagering entity, Twinspires.com, are teaming up to bring a wagering platform to mobile phones and personal digital assistants, or PDAs.
Churchill Downs has cut 34 positions from its racetrack security staff, it was announced Dec. 3.
Grade I winner Pool Land has been retired from racing and will be bred to A.P. Indy.
Champion Northern Spur and stakes winner Yankee Mon will stand at Michael Lischin's Dutchess Views Farm/Metropolitan Stud near Pine Plains, N.Y.
There was no black type involved and the race was only worth $100,000, but the clash of group I sprinting Australian icons Takeover Target and Dance Hero over six furlongs at Royal Randwick on Saturday was as good an advertisement for horse racing as could be.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Lady Eli Pointed to Aug. 27 Ballston Spa
- Nyquist, Exaggerator Renew Rivalry in Haskell
- Exaggerator to Run in Haskell
- Stellar Wind to Challenge Beholder Again
- Nyquist Arrives at Monmouth
- Lexie Lou Headlines Victoriana Stakes
- Mountaineer's Leading Trainer Suspended
- Belmont Winner Creator Returns in Jim Dandy
- Stradivari Recuperating After Surgery
- What's Going On Here: Sporting Gestures