Host, a grade I winner for owner Eugene Melnyk, has been bought by an Australian group that will stand him at stud.
Phantom Fiber Corp. and Churchill Downs Inc.'s advance deposit wagering entity, Twinspires.com, are teaming up to bring a wagering platform to mobile phones and personal digital assistants, or PDAs.
Churchill Downs has cut 34 positions from its racetrack security staff, it was announced Dec. 3.
Grade I winner Pool Land has been retired from racing and will be bred to A.P. Indy.
Champion Northern Spur and stakes winner Yankee Mon will stand at Michael Lischin's Dutchess Views Farm/Metropolitan Stud near Pine Plains, N.Y.
There was no black type involved and the race was only worth $100,000, but the clash of group I sprinting Australian icons Takeover Target and Dance Hero over six furlongs at Royal Randwick on Saturday was as good an advertisement for horse racing as could be.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- BC Classic Endgame for Gun Runner in 2017
- Knee Chip Knocks El Areeb Off Derby Trail
- Sheikh Mohammed 'Definitely' Plans to Hike DWC Purse
- Baffert Could Send Three to Santa Anita Derby
- Del Mar Altering Main Track Banking and Grading
- Sano's Faith in Gunnevera Unwavering for Florida Derby
- Zimmer Relocated to Poplar Creek in Ohio
- Suffolk Downs Sale Approved by Gaming Commission
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Dortmund Looks to Regain Form in Santana Mile