Host, a grade I winner for owner Eugene Melnyk, has been bought by an Australian group that will stand him at stud.
Phantom Fiber Corp. and Churchill Downs Inc.'s advance deposit wagering entity, Twinspires.com, are teaming up to bring a wagering platform to mobile phones and personal digital assistants, or PDAs.
Churchill Downs has cut 34 positions from its racetrack security staff, it was announced Dec. 3.
Grade I winner Pool Land has been retired from racing and will be bred to A.P. Indy.
Champion Northern Spur and stakes winner Yankee Mon will stand at Michael Lischin's Dutchess Views Farm/Metropolitan Stud near Pine Plains, N.Y.
There was no black type involved and the race was only worth $100,000, but the clash of group I sprinting Australian icons Takeover Target and Dance Hero over six furlongs at Royal Randwick on Saturday was as good an advertisement for horse racing as could be.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Focused Hemsworth Entered in Curlin Stakes
- Stronach Group Explores Expansion into Massachusetts
- Accelerate Springs Stunning Upset as Arrogate Falters
- Baffert Still Aiming Arrogate for Pacific Classic
- Gutsy Move Gets Abel Tasman CCA Oaks Win
- Big World to be Offered at Fasig-Tipton November Sale
- Abel Tasman, Elate Exit CCA Oaks in Good Order
- Hard Aces Looks for Repeat in Cougar II
- Lady Eli Runs 'One of Her Greatest Races to Date'
- Awesome Banner Posts Bullet Ahead of Vanderbilt