Host, a grade I winner for owner Eugene Melnyk, has been bought by an Australian group that will stand him at stud.
Phantom Fiber Corp. and Churchill Downs Inc.'s advance deposit wagering entity, Twinspires.com, are teaming up to bring a wagering platform to mobile phones and personal digital assistants, or PDAs.
Churchill Downs has cut 34 positions from its racetrack security staff, it was announced Dec. 3.
Grade I winner Pool Land has been retired from racing and will be bred to A.P. Indy.
Champion Northern Spur and stakes winner Yankee Mon will stand at Michael Lischin's Dutchess Views Farm/Metropolitan Stud near Pine Plains, N.Y.
There was no black type involved and the race was only worth $100,000, but the clash of group I sprinting Australian icons Takeover Target and Dance Hero over six furlongs at Royal Randwick on Saturday was as good an advertisement for horse racing as could be.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Draws Post 13, is 3-1 Derby Favorite
- Field of 22 Set for 142nd Kentucky Derby
- Team Optimistic, Nyquist 'Full of Energy'
- Unlocking Winners Kentucky Derby 142 Analysis
- Repole Returns With Outwork for Uncle Mo
- Beholder to Make 2016 Debut in Adoration
- Rachel's Valentina 7-2 Oaks Favorite
- Nancy From Nairobi Wins Royal Heroine
- Big Blue Kitten Heads Woodford Turf Classic
- Fresh Horses Plentiful in 2016 Kentucky Derby