Bushwacker has only one way of going so when the 5-year-old horse took command in the $105,800 Vernon O. Underwood (gr. III) soon after the start Dec. 2, his four Hollywood Park rivals did not appear to be concerned. They should have been.
Robbies and Emmas Racing Stables' two-year-old filly Robbie's Gal just missed winning the $100,000 John Franks Juvenile Fillies Turf last month when she finished second by a neck behind Wise Cookie, but she returned to the Calder turf on Sunday to get her first stakes victory in the $75,000 Live Oak Georgia Debutante Stakes.
Jim Fleming, a former chairman of the Sydney Turf Club and an influential Australian owner-breeder, died on Saturday after a short illness. He was 75.
David Wade, agent, purchased the stakes-placed Citidancer mare Immune to Gloom for $40,000 to top the opening session of the Fasig-Tipton Midlantic December mixed sale at the Maryland State Fairgrounds in Timonium Dec. 2.
Heavy snowfall and freezing rain in the Toronto area forced the cancellation of the Dec. 2 live Thoroughbred racing program at Woodbine.
Texas Champions Day at Sam Houston Race Park Dec. 1 rewarded the faith of smaller Texas breeders and owners as favorites gave way to some surprising upsets in the eight stakes for accredited Texas-breds.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Neglect Case Under Investigation
- No Horses Injured in Pennsylvania Barn Fire
- Major Expansion Planned for Aqueduct Casino
- Cuomo Administration Fires Back at Criticism
- Japan Races added to BC Challenge Series
- Mo Tom Clear Winner in Ohio Derby
- Melatonin Game in Gold Cup Victory
- Europeans Set for Belmont Derby, Oaks
- KY-Bred Ryans Charm Scores Repeat in Peru GI
- Into Mischief Filly MHBA Yearling Show Champ