When Citronnade makes an easy lead she's nearly impossible to catch, as she demonstrated for her rivals in the $150,000 Dahlia Handicap (gr. IIT) for fillies and mares on the Hollywood Park turf course Dec. 16.
Only 114 days following the discovery of equine influenza (EI) at Centennial Park in Sydney, Australia, 66 sale horses from New South Wales will make the journey across the Murray River into Victoria on Monday.
Undefeated Peppers Pride overcame her 127-pound impost to register her 14th consecutive victory, capturing the $125,000 New Mexico State Racing Commission Handicap by 1 1/2 lengths at Sunland Park Dec. 16.
Encouraged by a positive reception from industry representatives, Fairplex Park is pressing forward with plans to turn its Los Angeles County Fair Grounds racing facility into a year-round training grounds for up to 2,200 horses.
In a day and age when retiring graded stakes winners as 3-and 4-year-olds is the now the norm, the Thoroughbred racing industry is in desperate need of older superstars. Gutsy horses that fans can get attached to and follow for the better part of a decade.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Lukas Drops by to See Old Friend Charismatic
- Rockridge's Posse Will Not Return to U.S.
- U S Officer, Cool Arrow Set for Springboard
- Lemon Drop Kid an Emerging Broodmare Sire
- Trainer Davis Looks Forward to More Success
- Santa Anita Moves American Oaks to Dec. 31
- Miss Temple City Scores Matriarch by a Nose
- Northwest Stud Announces 2017 Stud Fees
- Track Maintenance Internships Being Offered
- Ward Joins Water Hay Oats Alliance