Premium Win, dam of champion Tight Spot and third dam of 2006 grade I winner Premium Tap, was euthanized in mid-November at age 25 because of complications of colic.
Grade II winner Don't Get Mad will enter stud at B. Wayne Hughes' Spendthrift Farm near Lexington.
The Breeders' Cup World Championships will have a new look at first-time host Monmouth Park this year--an expanded two-day event that will inaugurate three $1-million stakes designed to accommodate owners and breeders.
The Kentucky Auditor's Office has released reports that show the Kentucky Horse Racing Authority needs stronger financial management and accountability.
The Kentucky Equine Education Project (KEEP) announced Jan. 8 that it provided funding to 167 equine programs in 69 counties during 2006 totaling $135,682.
The Ocala Breeders' Sales Company has cataloged 192 juveniles for the February sale that moves to Ocala, Fla. after being held at Calder Race Course for 20 years.
Grade I winner and Eclipse Award finalist Point Ashley brought a final bid of $1.8 million to top the opening session of the 2007 Keeneland January horses of all ages sale Jan.8.
John Martin Silvertand, who bred champion and dual classic winner Afleet Alex, died Jan. 7 in West Palm Beach, Fla.
- By Ryan Conley
Touting their new advance deposit wagering enterprise as one developed "by players for players," backers of Premier Turf Club hope to reel in dollars currently being wagered with entities that operate outside the pari-mutuel arena.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- The Stronach Group Considers New England Venture
- Kentucky Derby Starters Reunite in Ohio Derby
- Big Orange Gets Best of Order of St George in Gold Cup
- Jockey Club Gold Cup Purse Lowered, Cigar Mile Hiked
- Milestone Victory for Goodwin Comes at Canterbury Park
- Battle of Midway Using Affirmed as Prep for Haskell
- It's Over: Parties Reach Agreement in Life At Ten Case
- International Sire Elusive Quality Pensioned
- Lady Aurelia Overpowers Males in King's Stand
- Highland Reel Refuses to Yield at Royal Ascot