Barbaro's right hind leg keeps getting stronger and should eventually be healthy enough to allow the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) winner to live a comfortable, happy life.
NBC Sports has won the media Eclipse Award for national television--live racing for its production of the 2006 Preakness Stakes (gr. I).
Dave Harrington, Monmouth's track superintendent the past several years after being an assistant starter, died Dec. 29 after a lengthy battle with cancer.
- By Claire Novak
Jockey Rene Douglas, banned from Calder Race Course in south Florida for unknown reasons, was back in the saddle Jan. 1, riding James DiVito-trained Gostoso to a seventh-place finish in the seventh race at Hawthorne.
Vicarino set sail early and disposed of three foes to net his third win in four career starts in the Stinson Beach Stakes at Golden Gate Fields New Year's Day.
Great Leighs, due to be the first new British racecourse for nearly 80 years, has delayed its opening again.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Cupid Returns From Layoff to Win Gold Cup
- Lady Eli Digs in to Win Gamely
- Always Dreaming Officially Ruled Out of Belmont Stakes
- Rubilinda Impresses as Frankel’s First US Winner
- Starship Jubilee Much the Best in Nassau Stakes
- Irish War Cry Returns to Worktab; Belmont Run Possible
- Tapwrit Works Towards Belmont; True Timber Confirmed
- Churchill Completes Rare Guineas Double
- Well-Placed Illuminant Shines in Monrovia
- Gormley Works for Possible Belmont Start