Barbaro's right hind leg keeps getting stronger and should eventually be healthy enough to allow the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) winner to live a comfortable, happy life.
NBC Sports has won the media Eclipse Award for national television--live racing for its production of the 2006 Preakness Stakes (gr. I).
Dave Harrington, Monmouth's track superintendent the past several years after being an assistant starter, died Dec. 29 after a lengthy battle with cancer.
- By Claire Novak
Jockey Rene Douglas, banned from Calder Race Course in south Florida for unknown reasons, was back in the saddle Jan. 1, riding James DiVito-trained Gostoso to a seventh-place finish in the seventh race at Hawthorne.
Vicarino set sail early and disposed of three foes to net his third win in four career starts in the Stinson Beach Stakes at Golden Gate Fields New Year's Day.
Great Leighs, due to be the first new British racecourse for nearly 80 years, has delayed its opening again.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Pinhooking Rookie Scores Big at Keeneland
- NBC Will Air Pegasus World Cup
- California Chrome Arrives at Santa Anita
- Songbird Untouchable in Cotillion
- The RNA Conundrum at Public Auctions
- Connect Bounces Back in Pennsylvania Derby
- BH 100: Shooting Star
- Texas Bling Retired to Stud
- Have Horseplayers Lost Touch With the Horse?
- Texas Chrome Prevails in Oklahoma Derby