Latent Heat, a promising 3-year-old trained by Hall of Famer Bobby Frankel, took charge midway on the turn and cruised to a 3-length victory Friday in the $50,000 allowance feature on opening day at Belmont Park.
Sunday's Ruffian Handicap (gr. I) at Belmont Park features only five fillies, but the catch is the top three choices in the race all run their best when on the front end.
The chairman of British online gambling company Sportingbet has been detained in New York on a fugitive warrant, two months after the chief executive of BetonSports was arrested in the United States on racketeering charges.
The Thoroughbred Owners and Breeders Association (TOBA) announced the Race Track Chaplaincy of America (RTCA) is the recipient of the 2006 Industry Service Award. The award will be presented at the TOBA National Awards Dinner Sept. 8 at Vinery in Lexington.
Prominent racing owner James McIngvale on Thursday filed a federal lawsuit in Texas that in part charged trainer Bob Baffert and Florida-based sales agents J.B. McKathan and Kevin McKathan with receiving secret commissions and kickbacks on "various Thoroughbred racehorses" the Houston furniture industrialist purchased at public auction.
- By Tom LaMarra
Kentucky has performed random testing for blood-doping antibodies in racehorses of all breeds for more than a year, but now it's testing for the actual proteins, a process that could put more teeth in penalties.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Lukas Drops by to See Old Friend Charismatic
- Rockridge's Posse Will Not Return to U.S.
- Lemon Drop Kid an Emerging Broodmare Sire
- U S Officer, Cool Arrow Set for Springboard
- Miss Temple City Scores Matriarch by a Nose
- Trainer Davis Looks Forward to More Success
- Santa Anita Moves American Oaks to Dec. 31
- Northwest Stud Announces 2017 Stud Fees
- Laoban Works Toward Return
- Track Maintenance Internships Being Offered