A Johannesburg colt that brought $525,000 became the top seller during Sunday's session of the Keeneland September yearling auction in Lexington. Purchased by John Brocklebank, the bay colt was consigned by Dave Parrish Jr., agent, under the name Indian Creek.
James T. Scatuorchio's Ready's Gal held off the determined late charge of odds-on favorite Arravale en route to a front-running victory in the $304,400 Canadian Stakes (Can-II) for fillies and mares on the Woodbine turf course Sunday.
Frank Calabrese's homebred Dreaming of Anna left eight male rivals in her wake, capturing Sunday's $250,000 Summer Stakes (Can-III) for 2-year-olds in decisive fashion.
Riding for the first time since July 16 because of a back injury, the subbing Patrick Valenzuela drove the 8-1 shot Becrux to a neck victory over Rebel Rebel in the $896,460(US) Bell Woodbine Mile (Can-I) on the E.P. Taylor turf course Sunday.
Teofilo extended his winning streak to four following an impressive victory over Holy Roman Emperor in the Laing O'Rourke National Stakes (Ire-I) at the Curragh on Sunday.
With an explosive burst of speed, the maiden Quick Little Miss went from last on the final turn to score a 4 1/2-length victory at odds of 29-1 in the $118,100 Barretts Debutante for 2-year-old fillies at Fairplex Park Saturday.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Mo Tom Clear Winner in Ohio Derby
- Melatonin Game in Gold Cup Victory
- Europeans Set for Belmont Derby, Oaks
- Melatonin Could Get Time Off After Gold Cup
- NJ-Bred Chublicious Captures Mr. Prospector
- Mid-Year Look at the BC Classic
- California Chrome Logs Weekly Drill at Los Al
- Marialite Upsets Favorites at Hanshin
- Un Autre First Winner for I'll Have Another
- Lord Nelson Lunges to Triple Bend Score