A Johannesburg colt that brought $525,000 became the top seller during Sunday's session of the Keeneland September yearling auction in Lexington. Purchased by John Brocklebank, the bay colt was consigned by Dave Parrish Jr., agent, under the name Indian Creek.
James T. Scatuorchio's Ready's Gal held off the determined late charge of odds-on favorite Arravale en route to a front-running victory in the $304,400 Canadian Stakes (Can-II) for fillies and mares on the Woodbine turf course Sunday.
Frank Calabrese's homebred Dreaming of Anna left eight male rivals in her wake, capturing Sunday's $250,000 Summer Stakes (Can-III) for 2-year-olds in decisive fashion.
Riding for the first time since July 16 because of a back injury, the subbing Patrick Valenzuela drove the 8-1 shot Becrux to a neck victory over Rebel Rebel in the $896,460(US) Bell Woodbine Mile (Can-I) on the E.P. Taylor turf course Sunday.
Teofilo extended his winning streak to four following an impressive victory over Holy Roman Emperor in the Laing O'Rourke National Stakes (Ire-I) at the Curragh on Sunday.
With an explosive burst of speed, the maiden Quick Little Miss went from last on the final turn to score a 4 1/2-length victory at odds of 29-1 in the $118,100 Barretts Debutante for 2-year-old fillies at Fairplex Park Saturday.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Smooth in Six Furlong Work
- Mshawish Tops Taylor Made Roster, For Now
- Orb Colt Tops Fasig-Tipton Second Session
- Handy Work at Remington for Texas Chrome
- Kentucky Derby Winner Monarchos Dies
- No Raise for NYRA Discretionary Spending
- Twilight Son to Cheveley Park in 2017
- Keen Ice Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- Malibu Moon, Tapit Colts Could Shine at F-T
- Klosterman’s Legacy Continues at Fasig-Tipton