A.P. Warrior worked five furlongs in 1:01 Monday under jockey David Flores for the $350,000-added Swaps Breeders' Cup Stakes, a grade II test for 3-year-olds at 1 1/8 miles at Hollywood Park on Saturday.
Harry Aleo's Eclipse Award champion sprinter Lost in the Fog and Darley Stable's filly Dubai Escapade are the marquee names among the nominations to the eight stakes races worth $2 million to be run on the "Summit of Speed" program at Calder Racecourse on Saturday, July 15.
Weather permitting, starting Wednesday, July 5, Arlington Park will begin adding pine bark shavings to the dirt on the main track.
Doctors at New Bolton Center's George D. Widener Hospital on Monday changed the cast on the hind right leg of Barbaro for the second time since the winner of the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) was injured in the Preakness Stakes (gr. I) on May 20.
Behaving Badly, making her first start since her four-race winning streak was halted at Churchill Down on May 6, caught a small field Monday afternoon and did just what she had to do to hold off on-coming Swap Fliparoo and win the 23rd running of the grade II, $143,200 Genuine Risk Breeders' Cup Handicap for fillies and mares at six furlongs.
Ground was broken July 1 for the Dean Kutz Memorial Chapel at Canterbury Park, which plans to open it sometime during the current racing season.
Kieren Fallon, the six-time champion jockey of Britain, was charged at Bishopsgate police station in London, England, on Monday, with conspiracy to defraud customers of the online betting exchange Betfair.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Arrives at Santa Anita
- Songbird Untouchable in Cotillion
- Connect Bounces Back in Pennsylvania Derby
- Texas Chrome Prevails in Oklahoma Derby
- Connect in Good Shape After PA Derby Win
- Ward: Scope Shows Lady Aurelia Bled
- Solid Keeneland Sale Ends With Declines
- Runhappy Logs Final Drill for Return
- Handle Decreased 26% at Monmouth Park in 2016
- Miyadi Suspended by CHRB After Altercation