Japanese stallion Forty Niner might be at the end of his stallion career.
British jockey Paul O'Neill apologized Tuesday for head-butting his horse at a race last weekend. The Horseracing Regulatory Authority is holding an inquiry after reviewing TV footage of the incident at the Stratford races on Sunday.
Ticker Tape, an Eclipse Award runner-up as 3-year-old in 2004, has been retired after suffering a leg injury earlier this year.
Bernardini, Bluegrass Cat, and Strong Contender, three of the main headliners for the July 29 Jim Dandy (gr. II) and Aug. 6 Haskell Invitational (gr. I), turned in sharp breezes at Belmont Park Monday.
Pari-mutuel handle increased 0.56% to slightly more than $4 billion during the second quarter of 2006, compared with $3.99 billion during same period in 2005, according to information released Monday.
The Sportsman, Britain's newest daily sports newspaper, went into administration on Thursday, July 20, just four months after the sports betting tabloid first went on sale.
One of the most enjoyable aspects of world travel is seeing how people do things differently from us.
The California Thoroughbred Breeders Association has catalogued 246 horses for its Northern California yearling sale.
The inaugural Ben Norby Charity Golf Tournament and silent auction will be held at Champion Trace Golf Club in Nicholasville, Ky. on July 24. Proceeds will benefit the newly formed Ben Norby Kentucky Autism Foundation, Inc., which will provide financial assistance to Kentucky families affected by autism.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Hill 'n' Dale Acquires Half Interest in Bubbler
- Industry Groups Ask for Change in Parx Oaks Ruling
- Ward Pleased With Stable's Royal Ascot Performance
- Quality Over Quantity in Fasig-Tipton Saratoga Catalog
- Arrogate Breezes at Santa Anita
- Arrogate Unanimous Top Choice in NTRA Poll
- Los Alamitos Meet Set to Kick Off July 6
- Chanceland Farm Take Top Awards at MHBA Yearling Show
- Irap Gets Best of Girvin in Ohio Derby
- XBTV Earns Two Telly Awards for its Coverage of Pegasus