Japanese stallion Forty Niner might be at the end of his stallion career.
British jockey Paul O'Neill apologized Tuesday for head-butting his horse at a race last weekend. The Horseracing Regulatory Authority is holding an inquiry after reviewing TV footage of the incident at the Stratford races on Sunday.
Ticker Tape, an Eclipse Award runner-up as 3-year-old in 2004, has been retired after suffering a leg injury earlier this year.
Bernardini, Bluegrass Cat, and Strong Contender, three of the main headliners for the July 29 Jim Dandy (gr. II) and Aug. 6 Haskell Invitational (gr. I), turned in sharp breezes at Belmont Park Monday.
Pari-mutuel handle increased 0.56% to slightly more than $4 billion during the second quarter of 2006, compared with $3.99 billion during same period in 2005, according to information released Monday.
The Sportsman, Britain's newest daily sports newspaper, went into administration on Thursday, July 20, just four months after the sports betting tabloid first went on sale.
One of the most enjoyable aspects of world travel is seeing how people do things differently from us.
The California Thoroughbred Breeders Association has catalogued 246 horses for its Northern California yearling sale.
The inaugural Ben Norby Charity Golf Tournament and silent auction will be held at Champion Trace Golf Club in Nicholasville, Ky. on July 24. Proceeds will benefit the newly formed Ben Norby Kentucky Autism Foundation, Inc., which will provide financial assistance to Kentucky families affected by autism.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Malibu Moon Filly Sells for $300,000 at F-T
- Kentucky Derby Winner Monarchos Dies
- Keen Ice Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- VanMeter-Gentry Loaded at Fasig-Tipton Sale
- Arc Winner Found Could Run in BC Classic
- BH 100: The Royal Treatment
- Harzand to Aga Khan’s Gilltown Stud
- California Chrome Powerful Late in BC Drill
- WinStar Farm Sets 2017 Stud Fees
- Roca Rojo Closes for Athenia Victory