The morning after Seek Gold's stunning upset in the Stephen Foster Handicap (gr. I) was, in the words of trainer Ron Moquett, "surreal."
Many of the leading female grass horses in the world received invitations from the Hollywood Park racing office Sunday for the inaugural $750,000 CashCall Mile (gr. IIIT) on July 1 and the $750,000 American Oaks (gr. IT) on July 2.
Jockey Ryan Fogelsonger collected his 1,000th career win Sunday at Colonial Downs when he guided the maiden Glenwood Ace to victory.
A colt by Silver Deputy consigned by agent Eisaman Equine worked a quarter in :21 2/5 to post the fastest work at the distance at the second and final session of the Under Tack Show for the Ocala Breeders' Sales Company's 2006 June Sale of Two-Year-Olds in Training and Horses of Racing Age.
Jockey Chance Rollins, who suffered a severe head injury in a fall at Bay Meadows June 11, was transferred from Stanford Hospital to a rehabilitation center five days later.
A memorial service for 76-year-old trainer Tom Knight, who died in a traffic accident June 15, will be held at 11 a.m. Tuesday at Golden Gate Fields in the Top Of The Stretch room.
Dave's Friend, a multiple champion in Maryland, died June 14 at the late John Franks' farm near Shreveport, La. He was 31.
Susan Knoll's Gasia, ridden by Mario Pino, won the $160,300 Susan's Girl Breeders' Cup for 3-year-old fillies at Delaware Park Saturday by one length.
Captain Countdown, a multiple stakes winner, was represented by his first winner when his daughter, Bobbie M., won June 15 at Lone Star Park at first asking.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Rachel's Valentina Returns in Mother Goose
- American Freedom Clear Winner in Iowa Derby
- Borells Charged With Animal Cruelty
- As Borell Released, Cruelty Laws Questioned
- Top Caribbean Race to Be Held at Gulfstream
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Wake Forest Heads United Nations
- Globetrotting Tepin Preps for Saratoga Ship
- Melmich Victorious in Dominion Day
- Probe Into Abandoned Horses Continues