Equibase Company has launched the 2006 Virtual Stable Breeders' Cup World Championships notification service, which provides a daily e-mail of workouts, entries and results for the top contenders for all eight races.
The National Turf Writers Association's Charitable Foundation voted to pledge $1,000 toward the "Barbaro Gift Fund" set up by the University of Pennsylvania and named in honor of injured Kentucky Derby presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) winner Barbaro.
- By Jack Shinar
Santa Anita Park plans to interrupt its training schedule in mid-July to peel back and inspect the base of the main track, said Ron Charles, president of the Arcadia, Calif., facility.
Two retired Thoroughbreds are among the first Thoroughbred Retirement Foundation horses set to return to their birthplaces under a TRF initiative to include breeders in the care and expenditures involved in taking care of the more than 1,300 retired horses under the organization's care.
The end of the tunnel is in sight. Not that those who run Magic Millions want it to be. As day three of the broodmare section of the 14-day long Magic Millions sale on the Gold Coast wound down, new heights were reached yet again.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Abel Tasman Brings Form to Coaching Club American Oaks
- Solis to Evaluate Future Following Surgery
- Del Mar Addressing Safety, Field Size Concerns
- Maryland Horse of the Year Ben's Cat Dies
- Secretariat Photo Album
- Ashleyluvssugar Highlights Eddie Read Stakes
- Arrogate Begins Del Mar Journey in San Diego Handicap
- Migliore Joins XBTV's Digital Media Team
- Reports of Mares Bred Due at The Jockey Club by Aug. 1
- TVG Plans Special Coverage, Events at Saratoga