Join Kiaran McLaughlin, trainer of 2006 Belmont Stakes winner Jazil, as he shares his thoughts on winning the Belmont and the Triple Crown experience, as well as his ideas on training on the next edition of bloodhorse.com "Talkin' Horses" Wednesday, June 14 at Noon (ET).
Dr. Dean W. Richardson, chief of surgery at the University of Pennsylvania's New Bolton Center, on Tuesday got his first look at the right rear leg of Barbaro since he performed surgery on the colt and reported "his leg looks excellent."
- By Tom Precious
The long-awaited Request For Proposals for the franchise to operate racing at Aqueduct, Belmont and Saratoga was approved for release June 13 by a state government panel, though it appears increasingly unlikely the winning bidder will be selected this year.
- By Ray Paulick
By Ray Paulick - Some people may have been surprised to see a relatively unknown 18-year-old jockey aboard Jazil in the June 10 Belmont Stakes (gr. I)-but they shouldn't have been.
By Dell Hancock - As with all accidents, racing's do happen. But we all need to make sure that, while they may never be totally eliminated, we are working hard to rid racing of as many as possible and deal successfully with those that cannot be avoided.
It seems the reputation of the mammoth National Sale on the Queensland Gold Coast in Australia has spread abroad.
Four straight. A mind-boggling eight of the last nine. Ten of the last 12. An even dozen. Those overwhelming figures are the number of Belmont Stakes (gr. I) winners tracing in male line to Mr. Prospector.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Leroidesanimaux Dies at 16
- Destin Work is 'Stamina Builder' for Belmont
- Kentucky Suspends Umarov for 10 Years
- Velasquez to Ride Full-Time at Gulfstream
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Rockingham to End All Operations Aug. 31
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Little Nappy is Shackleford's First Winner
- Taris Could Opt for Triple Bend Over Vanity
- Candy Ride Colt Tops Barretts Sale