Michael Corbin has been named to the new position of vice president of finance for Delaware North Companies Gaming & Entertainment, which is expanding from a racing company to a full-scale hospitality company.
Carl Hanford, trainer of five-time Horse of the Year Kelso; Kentucky Derby and Belmont Stakes winning jockey Bill Boland; and Cougar II, a turf champion who was also adept on dirt, have been elected to the National Museum of Racing's Hall of Fame.
The tears for Barbaro have all been shed, and now people around the world anxiously await each daily report on the colt's condition. It's been more than a week since Barbaro's horrific injury in the Preakness Stakes (gr. I), which set off an outpouring of emotion on a national scale never before seen in Thoroughbred racing.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Strangles Leads to ThistleDown Quarantine
- Havre de Grace Half Sister Wins at Delaware
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Beholder Fires Bullet, Ready to Rumble
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Barretts Sale Features Wide Selection
- Derby Runner-Up Commanding Curve Retired
- Suddenbreakingnews Works, Bound for Belmont
- PDJF Derby Day Fundraiser Raised Over $40,000
- Colt is First Winner for Maclean's Music