Michael Corbin has been named to the new position of vice president of finance for Delaware North Companies Gaming & Entertainment, which is expanding from a racing company to a full-scale hospitality company.
Carl Hanford, trainer of five-time Horse of the Year Kelso; Kentucky Derby and Belmont Stakes winning jockey Bill Boland; and Cougar II, a turf champion who was also adept on dirt, have been elected to the National Museum of Racing's Hall of Fame.
The tears for Barbaro have all been shed, and now people around the world anxiously await each daily report on the colt's condition. It's been more than a week since Barbaro's horrific injury in the Preakness Stakes (gr. I), which set off an outpouring of emotion on a national scale never before seen in Thoroughbred racing.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Hoppertunity, Constitution Head Clark
- Indiana Trainer Facing Three-Year Suspension
- American Pharoah Touted in Derby Future Wager
- Sweeping New Drug Rules Approved in New York
- Voting Open for Secretariat Vox Populi Award
- Penn National Postpones Big Wednesday Card
- Millennium Releases Stallion Roster, Fees
- TAA Accredits 19 Aftercare Organizations
- Old Friends Sets Open House for Silver Charm
- Hoppertunity Gets Churchill Chance in Clark
Most Popular Profiles
Trainer: Art Sherman
Owner: Coburn, Steven and Martin, Perry
Jockey: Victor Espinoza
Trainer: Jerry Hollendorfer
Owner: Jungle Racing LLC, KMN Racing LLC, Hollendorfer, Litt, Solis II and Todaro
Jockey: Mike E. Smith
Trainer: Steven M. Asmussen
Owner: Winchell Thoroughbreds LLC
Jockey: Rosie Napravnik
Trainer: H. Graham Motion
Owner: Flaxman Holdings, Ltd.
Jockey: John R. Velazquez
Trainer: Claude R. McGaughey III
Owner: Lane's End Racing and Dell Ridge Farm LLC
Jockey: Javier Castellano