A Johannesburg colt named Zounds set a record for the Fasig-Tipton Midlantic sale of 2-year-olds in training when he brought $625,000 Monday at Timonium in Maryland. The price was also a new high for a horse sold at public auction in Maryland.
Japanese Horse of the Year Zenno Rob Roy will become the first group I winner by deceased Japanese stallion Sunday Silence to go to stud in New Zealand.
The overnight ratings for NBC's coverage of the Preakness Stakes May 20 indicated a small drop-off in viewers from 2005's numbers. The overnights, which measure viewership in 54 major markets, gave the overall telecast a 5.7 rating and a 14 share, down 4% from last year's 5.9/14.
Ascot, Britain's highest-profile racecourse, resumes racing on Saturday, May 27 after a bold 200-million pounds redevelopment which has involved building a massive new main grandstand and much more.
Britain's Levy Board has committed 1,780,000 pounds over the next three years to veterinary research projects, including new studies into a greater understanding of the causes of joint injuries and fractures.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Cupid Returns From Layoff to Win Gold Cup
- Lady Eli Digs in to Win Gamely
- Always Dreaming Officially Ruled Out of Belmont Stakes
- Rubilinda Impresses as Frankel’s First US Winner
- Starship Jubilee Much the Best in Nassau Stakes
- Irish War Cry Returns to Worktab; Belmont Run Possible
- Tapwrit Works Towards Belmont; True Timber Confirmed
- Churchill Completes Rare Guineas Double
- Well-Placed Illuminant Shines in Monrovia
- Gormley Works for Possible Belmont Start