A Johannesburg colt named Zounds set a record for the Fasig-Tipton Midlantic sale of 2-year-olds in training when he brought $625,000 Monday at Timonium in Maryland. The price was also a new high for a horse sold at public auction in Maryland.
Japanese Horse of the Year Zenno Rob Roy will become the first group I winner by deceased Japanese stallion Sunday Silence to go to stud in New Zealand.
The overnight ratings for NBC's coverage of the Preakness Stakes May 20 indicated a small drop-off in viewers from 2005's numbers. The overnights, which measure viewership in 54 major markets, gave the overall telecast a 5.7 rating and a 14 share, down 4% from last year's 5.9/14.
Ascot, Britain's highest-profile racecourse, resumes racing on Saturday, May 27 after a bold 200-million pounds redevelopment which has involved building a massive new main grandstand and much more.
Britain's Levy Board has committed 1,780,000 pounds over the next three years to veterinary research projects, including new studies into a greater understanding of the causes of joint injuries and fractures.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Mo Tom Clear Winner in Ohio Derby
- Melatonin Game in Gold Cup Victory
- Europeans Set for Belmont Derby, Oaks
- Mid-Year Look at the BC Classic
- NJ-Bred Chublicious Captures Mr. Prospector
- Melatonin Could Get Time Off After Gold Cup
- Marialite Upsets Favorites at Hanshin
- Sheer Drama On Fence for 'Summit of Speed'
- California Chrome Logs Weekly Drill at Los Al
- Brazilian Champ Juno Pointing to Del Mar