Santa Catalina (gr. II) winner Brother Derek shot to favoritism at 10-1 among individual horses as Pool 2 of the 2006 Kentucky Derby Future Wager closed on Sunday. But the field entry of all 3-year-olds not listed in the pool was a solid overall choice of bettors at odds of 3-1.
Favored Harriett Lane rallied five wide coming across the dirt and overtook pacesetter Bettarun Fast in mid-stretch to win the $109,450 La Habra for 3-year-old fillies on the Santa Anita hillside turf course Sunday.
Last at the three-eighths pole, 18-1 outsider Miraculous Miss blew past her nine rivals in the stretch to win Sunday's $150,000 Stonerside Forward Gal (gr. II) for 3-year-old fillies going away at Gulfstream Park.
Joseph Allen's homebred Teammate finished 14 lengths behind Wait a While on a sloppy sealed Gulfstream Park one month ago. But given a fast track Sunday in the $150,000 Bonnie Miss (gr. II) for 3-year-old fillies, it was a different story.
Brother Derek came out of his victory in Saturday's Santa Catalina Stakes (gr. II) at Santa Anita Park with a minor scrape but trainer Dan Hendricks said it won't impede his schedule en route to the Santa Anita Derby (gr. I) April 8.
Chad Murphy earned his 2,000th career riding win Friday night when he drove Gun to victory in the fourth race at Mountaineer Park.
Trainer Janet Davidson earned her first career win Friday night at Turfway Park when 51-1 shot Walleye Joe broke his maiden in the fourth race, a six-furlong event for maiden claiming horses.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- MarketWatch: American Pharoah's Stud Value
- Summer Hit Aimed for All American Three-Peat
- American Pharoah Gallops at Churchill
- Hard Not to Like Seeking CA Score in Gamely
- 16 Remain Engaged for Epsom Derby
- Love Me Only's First Foal a Stakes Winner
- Jockey Taylor Hole Rides 2,000th Winner
- Ostrolenka Appears Poised for Mike Lee Stakes
- Frosted Scheduled for Belmont Stakes Run
- Frosted Continues Working Toward Belmont
Most Popular Profiles
Trainer: Todd A. Pletcher
Owner: Alto Racing, LLC
Jockey: Javier Castellano