Santa Catalina (gr. II) winner Brother Derek shot to favoritism at 10-1 among individual horses as Pool 2 of the 2006 Kentucky Derby Future Wager closed on Sunday. But the field entry of all 3-year-olds not listed in the pool was a solid overall choice of bettors at odds of 3-1.
Favored Harriett Lane rallied five wide coming across the dirt and overtook pacesetter Bettarun Fast in mid-stretch to win the $109,450 La Habra for 3-year-old fillies on the Santa Anita hillside turf course Sunday.
Last at the three-eighths pole, 18-1 outsider Miraculous Miss blew past her nine rivals in the stretch to win Sunday's $150,000 Stonerside Forward Gal (gr. II) for 3-year-old fillies going away at Gulfstream Park.
Joseph Allen's homebred Teammate finished 14 lengths behind Wait a While on a sloppy sealed Gulfstream Park one month ago. But given a fast track Sunday in the $150,000 Bonnie Miss (gr. II) for 3-year-old fillies, it was a different story.
Brother Derek came out of his victory in Saturday's Santa Catalina Stakes (gr. II) at Santa Anita Park with a minor scrape but trainer Dan Hendricks said it won't impede his schedule en route to the Santa Anita Derby (gr. I) April 8.
Chad Murphy earned his 2,000th career riding win Friday night when he drove Gun to victory in the fourth race at Mountaineer Park.
Trainer Janet Davidson earned her first career win Friday night at Turfway Park when 51-1 shot Walleye Joe broke his maiden in the fourth race, a six-furlong event for maiden claiming horses.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Distorted Humor Filly Brings $575,000 at OBS
- Stronach Group Supports Bill to Bring in USADA
- Multiple Grade 1 Winner I'm a Chatterbox Retired
- Private Zone Retired to Old Friends
- Derby, Oaks Notes, from Churchill Downs, April 25
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - April 25, 2017
- Jade Girl First Winner for Power Broker
- ABR Talks with Mike Langford, Owner of Untrapped
- What's Going On Here: Most Charming
- McCraken Finishes Strong in Five-Furlong Move