Martin S. Schwartz's fighting Silver Cup registered her third consecutive grade II win on the Santa Anita turf this meeting, turning back favored Argentina in Sunday's $150,000 Santa Ana Handicap (gr. IIT) for fillies and mares.
Brother Derek, current favorite in the Kentucky Derby Future Book, breezed six furlongs Sunday morning under regular rider Alex Solis in a bullet 1:11 in preparation for the 1 1/8-mile Santa Anita Derby (gr. I) on April 8.
Trainer Todd Pletcher couldn't go with his course specialist in Sunday's $101,200 Next Move Handicap (gr. III) for fillies and mares, so a newcomer to his deep stable, Fleet Indian, registered a one-length win on the Aqueduct inner dirt.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Havre de Grace Half Sister Wins at Delaware
- Beholder Fires Bullet, Ready to Rumble
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Strangles Leads to ThistleDown Quarantine
- Derby Runner-Up Commanding Curve Retired
- Nyquist Improving; Exaggerator Jogs Two Miles
- Colt is First Winner for Maclean's Music
- NY Regulators Tighten Underage Gambling Rules
- PDJF Derby Day Fundraiser Raised Over $40,000