Martin S. Schwartz's fighting Silver Cup registered her third consecutive grade II win on the Santa Anita turf this meeting, turning back favored Argentina in Sunday's $150,000 Santa Ana Handicap (gr. IIT) for fillies and mares.
Brother Derek, current favorite in the Kentucky Derby Future Book, breezed six furlongs Sunday morning under regular rider Alex Solis in a bullet 1:11 in preparation for the 1 1/8-mile Santa Anita Derby (gr. I) on April 8.
Trainer Todd Pletcher couldn't go with his course specialist in Sunday's $101,200 Next Move Handicap (gr. III) for fillies and mares, so a newcomer to his deep stable, Fleet Indian, registered a one-length win on the Aqueduct inner dirt.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Late Run Lifts Dacita to Victory in Diana
- Beholder Work Moved After Del Mar Breakdowns
- Exaggerator Questionable for Jim Dandy
- Stradivari Sustains Career-Ending Injury
- Bitumen Rallies to Sanford Score
- Enola Gray Still Perfect After Del Mar Run
- Fair Eva First Stakes Winner for Frankel
- 7-Year-Old Gelding Wins First Start at Ellis
- Blame Angel Wins a Day After Trainer's Death
- Highland Reel Leads Every Step in King George