Tuesday's Fasig-Tipton Florida select sale of 2-year-olds in training has a lot to live up to in its 2006 edition.
Which horses are going to make the buyers show us the money at the Fasig-Tipton Florida select sale of 2-year-olds in training Tuesday?
- By Ray Paulick
California Horse Racing Board chairman Richard Shapiro, during a talk at the Jockeys' Guild annual assembly, welcomed the Guild back into the "racing family" and congratulated them for making a management change in November 2005 that ended Wayne Gertmenian's 4 1/2-year tenure as president.
The High Hope Steeplechase has moved its office to the Maker's Mark Secretariat Center – a Thoroughbred Retirement Foundation facility.
Fashion Find, a 13-year-old son of Mr. Prospector, has been relocated to Maui Farms near Purcell, Okla.
- By Tom LaMarra
Business is way up, and catastrophic injuries are way down. But Turfway Park officials aren't surprised their new Polytrack surface is a work in progress.
- By Jack Shinar
The California Horse Racing Board's medication committee plans to review the events surrounding the fining of a veterinarian who falsified a report on when she gave the champion mare Intercontinental a Salix shot prior to a stakes race at Del Mar in September, the agency's executive director said Feb. 25.
- By Ray Paulick
Jockeys' Guild officials provided the painful details of the end of the Wayne Gertmenian era to its members during Monday's opening session of its two-day national assembly near Dallas. The assembly was delayed from its customary December date because of a shortage of Guild funds.
- By Tom Precious
New York state could reap at least $2.1 billion if it auctions off video lottery terminal franchises at Aqueduct and Belmont racetracks, sells the tracks now run by the New York Racing Association, and privatizes the six regional off-track betting corporations now scattered around the state.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Headed to Dubai World Cup
- Conquest Mo Money Still Undefeated, Sunland Derby Next
- Finger Lakes Season Could be on Line at Feb. 27 Meeting
- Willy North Returns to Sales Scene at Fasig-Tipton
- Prominent Ohio Breeder George Smith Dies at 84
- Girvin Upsets Risen Star Stakes
- Unique Bella Tops Roster of 109 Kentucky Oaks Nominees
- Canadian Racing Channel HPItv to Remain on the Air
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- McCraken Top Individual in Kentucky Derby Future Wager