Overbrook Farm's royally bred 3-year-old Flanders Field is working for his 3-year-old debut for trainer Dallas Stewart at Gulfstream Park after being pulled from training last year with shin problems.
Though he has had only one previous start, John Oxley's 3-year-old Strong Contender could merit serious consideration on the road to the Kentucky Derby presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) with his 4 3/4-length triumph over a strong field of sophomores in his first start of the year Wednesday at Gulfstream Park.
This year's BC Cup will runneth over with more than $400,000 in total purses as part of the 2006 stakes schedule at Hastings Racecourse.
Woodbine Entertainment Group released its 2006 stakes schedule, which includes two new races named for Canadian-bred champion Northern Dancer and sponsor Bell Canada.
Unbridled Vision, a half-brother to millionaire Vision and Verse, will enter stud at Winner Maker Farm near Kiowa, Colo.
Family Calling, a stakes-winning son of Mr. Prospector, has been purchased by Stephen Glessner and relocated to Blue Spruce Farm near Charles Town, W.Va.
Continuing a trend that began several years ago, on-track and total handle, as well as daily average overnight purses, at Tampa Bay Downs showed solid gains when the Florida racetrack hit the midpoint of its 2005-06 season the week of Feb. 20.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Mor Spirit Move Pleases Baffert, Stevens
- Creator Turns in Final Kentucky Derby Breeze
- Gun Runner Wraps Up Major Pre-Derby Work
- Carina Mia Breezes at Churchill Downs
- California Chrome Arrives at Los Alamitos
- Hermann Named Golden Gate Announcer
- Coil's First Starter Wins in California
- Papa John's Again Partners With TAA
- Suddenbreakingnews to Have New Look in Derby
- Jaramillo Named to Ride Majesto in Derby