Seafree, making the first start of her career around two turns for trainer Bobby Frankel, ran away from the prohibitive favorite Pussycat Doll early and staggered to victory in the $200,000 La Canada (gr. II) for 4-year-year old fillies at Santa Anita Park.
Indy Charmer brought $150,000 to lead the opening session of the two-day Fasig-Tipton Kentucky Winter mixed sale Feb. 12 at the sale company's Newtown Paddocks near Lexington.
The flashy Too Much Bling may not have the sort of stamina needed for the Kentucky Derby presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I), but the gray colt showed plenty of quality in winning the San Vicente (gr. II) at seven furlongs Sunday at Santa Anita Park.
Multiple grade I winner Borrego, who missed a recent workout while attempting to make the March 4 Santa Anita Handicap (gr. I) without benefit of a prep race for trainer Beau Greely, has not been withdrawn from consideration for the race.
Triple Crown contenders Bluegrass Cat and Private Vow were among several 3-year-olds working at Palm Meadows and Gulfstream Park Sunday morning.
Jockey Rene Douglas, one of the leading riders on the South Florida circuit in the early 1990's, has returned to his former base. He's named to ride three horses on Wednesday's program at Gulfstream Park.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Oaklawn Reaches Agreement With United Tote
- Los Alamitos Schedules California Chrome Day
- Keeneland to Handle VinMar Dispersal
- Longtime Voice of Fairmount Park to Retire
- Arrogate Blazes to Travers Record
- What's Going On Here: It Ain't All Flowers
- Review: Spa Surface Not Factor in Fatalities
- Baffert Reflects on Arrogate's Travers Romp
- 360 Cataloged for Fasig-Tipton Midlantic Sale
- BH 100: Rapping at Derby's Door