TVG has won exclusive television distribution and account wagering rights from the New Jersey Sports and Exposition Authority for its racetracks, the network announced Dec. 8.
Goffs' most successful year ended on a high note Dec. 8 when the one-day December Flat Sale concluded with a 42% increase in turnover from last year.
Tampa Bay Downs will reduce take-out of several wagering categories starting on its opening day card Saturday, Peter Berube, the track's vice president and general manager announced.
- By Tom Precious
New York Yankees partner Steve Swindal said his Excelsior Racing Associates group is already discussing future track management and laying plans to take over racing in New York on Jan. 1, 2008 when, he believes, Excelsior will begin operating Aqueduct, Belmont, and Saratoga racetracks.
Jockey Eddie Martin Jr. won the 3,000th race of his career when he took outsider Castle Village Farm's Sweetiewheatie from last to first in the seventh race at Aqueduct Dec. 8.
A few years ago, Jay Brunker believed a breeder could slightly overbreed a mare and not get hurt by the decision. Now, the owner of Grade I Bloodstock is not so sure, and he is cautioning his clients to be conservative in their mating decisions.
A suggestion from Hall of Fame trainer Richard Mandella that rules for claiming races be changed to protect against horses with physical problems being passed along as "hot potatoes" to someone else appears to be taking root.
Royal Anthem, a major runner in England and North America, has been relocated from the U.S. to Ireland to stand at Tullogher House Stud in County Kilkenny.
- By Ron Mitchell
In a filing with the federal Securities and Exchange Commission on Thursday, Dec. 7, Churchill Downs, Inc., reported that chief operating officer Andrew Skehan left the company as part of a reorganization announced Dec. 1.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Named 2016 Longines World's Best Racehorse
- Smith Eagerly Awaits 'Chrome'-Arrogate Rematch
- Arrogate, California Chrome Meet Again in Pegasus
- Arrogate Celebrated as Longines World's Best Racehorse
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - January 24, 2017
- Lea Gets Bay Filly as First Foal
- Total of 418 3-year-olds Nominated to 2017 Triple Crown
- Behind Scenes of Arrogate’s World’s Best Ranking
- Pegasus Features Several Unique Conditions
- Champion Steeplechaser Rawnaq to Miss 2017 Season