Stewards at Los Alamitos suspended jockey Alex Bautista for 30 days following his unexcused absence the evening of Nov. 30 when he was scheduled to ride seven horses on the nine-race program.
A colt from the first crop of Wood Memorial (gr. I) winner Tapit and a weanling colt by Two Punch topped Monday's closing session of the Fasig-Tipton Midlantic December sale.
The successes of David Junior and Red Rocks this year earned Brian Meehan the International Trainer of the Year Award at the 40th Derby Awards, held by the Horserace Writers & Photographers Association in London, England, Dec. 4.
Members of the Racing Medication and Testing Consortium are expected to recommend regulation of anabolic steroids in racehorses, but the timetable for the regulations remains up in the air.
Heart's Cry, the sole horse to beat star performer Deep Impact in Japan, has been retired from racing to stand at the Yoshida family's Shadai Stallion Station on the island of Hokkaido.
ReRun, the non-profit Thoroughbred adoption group, announced Dec. 4 that it has placed 30 Moneigh paintings by racehorses in its annual holiday auction on eBay. The auction will run between Dec. 3-10.
Grade I winner Forbidden Apple was represented by his first winner when his son, Forbidden Bear, won Nov. 30 at Woodbine.
Irish stallion Invincible Spirit has set the record for 2-year-old winners from a single crop.
A sale record was set at Arqana's December sale at Deauville during the opening session Dec. 2, when the mare Mandalara (Lahib - Madiriya by Diesis) was sold for 1.7 million euros (about $2,255,169) to Japanese agent Nobutaka Tada.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Lands Post Nine For Dubai World Cup
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - March 21, 2017
- Conquest Mo Money Carries Local Hopes in Sunland Derby
- Highland Reel Among World Cup Day Turf Runners
- Classic Empire Back to Work in Ocala
- Gun Runner Brings Consistent Class to World Cup Stage
- Mo Don't Know Named Ohio Horse of the Year
- Kitten's Cat Poised for Spiral Stakes
- Tamarando Retired, Will Stand at Harris Farms
- Strong U.S. Contingent in Golden Shaheen