Latent Heat posted a mild upset Tuesday in the grade I Malibu Stakes as the opening-day card at Santa Anita drew 32,931.
There have been nine confirmed cases of equine herpesvirus (EHV-1) and five deaths have been attributed to the contagious equine disease in Florida, according to an update from the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services/Division of Animal Industry.
Santa Anita Derby (gr. I) winner Brother Derek is the marquee entrant among the 13 horses entered in the 44th running of the grade I Malibu Stakes as Santa Anita Park begins its 70th year of racing at noon on Tuesday, Dec. 26.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Leroidesanimaux Dies at 16
- California Chrome 'Stronger' in Los Al Drill
- Tepin Works; Trip to Royal Ascot Uncertain
- Enola Gray Passes Two-Turn Test in Melair
- Diva Express, I'm a Looker Dead Heat at CD
- Kentucky Suspends Umarov for 10 Years
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- First U.S. Winner for Algorithms
- Exaggerator Carries Delta Jackpot Flag