Latent Heat posted a mild upset Tuesday in the grade I Malibu Stakes as the opening-day card at Santa Anita drew 32,931.
There have been nine confirmed cases of equine herpesvirus (EHV-1) and five deaths have been attributed to the contagious equine disease in Florida, according to an update from the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services/Division of Animal Industry.
Santa Anita Derby (gr. I) winner Brother Derek is the marquee entrant among the 13 horses entered in the 44th running of the grade I Malibu Stakes as Santa Anita Park begins its 70th year of racing at noon on Tuesday, Dec. 26.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Arrives at Santa Anita
- Songbird Untouchable in Cotillion
- Connect Bounces Back in Pennsylvania Derby
- Ward: Scope Shows Lady Aurelia Bled
- Texas Chrome Prevails in Oklahoma Derby
- Connect in Good Shape After PA Derby Win
- Runhappy Logs Final Drill for Return
- Solid Keeneland Sale Ends With Declines
- Handle Decreased 26% at Monmouth Park in 2016
- Elliott Wins Riding Title at Los Alamitos