Hall of Fame jockey Russell Baze, the leading rider in Thoroughbred racing history, won with five consecutive mounts Sunday at Bay Meadows.
Romance Is Diane drew away from the field at the head of the stretch to post a major upset in the $459,250 Hollywood Starlet (gr. I), giving jockey David Flores his fifth win Sunday and providing a measure of satisfaction for winning trainer Mike Mitchell.
Calder Race Course in conjunction with Fort Dodge Animal Health will offer a one-hour forum Dec. 20 on health maintenance practices and infection control in horses.
Melnyk Racing Stables' speedy Bishop Court Hill took control of the $110,600 Gravesend Handicap (gr. III) coming away from the gate and rolled to a measured one-length victory under John Velazquez on the Aqueduct inner track Sunday.
Arravale was named Canada's Sovereign Award winner as Horse of the Year, the Jockey Club of Canada announced during its annual award ceremony Dec. 16 at InterContinental Toronto Centre.
Longtime trainer Kenneth Nesky died Dec. 15 due to complications of diabetes at the age of 64.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Better Talk Now Euthanized at Age 18
- After 26 Stakes Wins, Fan Favorite Ben's Cat Retired
- Three Trustees Named to National Museum Board
- Copper Bullet Out to Build Reputation in Bashford Manor
- What's Going On Here: Upper Crust
- New York Discusses Race-Day Lasix Rules
- Hill 'n' Dale Acquires Half Interest in Bubbler
- Industry Groups Ask for Change in Parx Oaks Ruling
- Arrogate Breezes at Santa Anita
- Ward Pleased With Stable's Royal Ascot Performance