Hall of Fame jockey Russell Baze, the leading rider in Thoroughbred racing history, won with five consecutive mounts Sunday at Bay Meadows.
Romance Is Diane drew away from the field at the head of the stretch to post a major upset in the $459,250 Hollywood Starlet (gr. I), giving jockey David Flores his fifth win Sunday and providing a measure of satisfaction for winning trainer Mike Mitchell.
Calder Race Course in conjunction with Fort Dodge Animal Health will offer a one-hour forum Dec. 20 on health maintenance practices and infection control in horses.
Melnyk Racing Stables' speedy Bishop Court Hill took control of the $110,600 Gravesend Handicap (gr. III) coming away from the gate and rolled to a measured one-length victory under John Velazquez on the Aqueduct inner track Sunday.
Arravale was named Canada's Sovereign Award winner as Horse of the Year, the Jockey Club of Canada announced during its annual award ceremony Dec. 16 at InterContinental Toronto Centre.
Longtime trainer Kenneth Nesky died Dec. 15 due to complications of diabetes at the age of 64.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Tepin Refuses to Work March 27 at Palm Meadows
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Two Juveniles Post Fastest Times at Barretts
- Skychai Racing Purchases Interest in Fast and Accurate
- Hence Springs Upset in Sunland Derby
- Animo de Valeroso to Stand at Duncan Farms
- McCraken Stretches Out in Keeneland Work
- Dortmund Back to Dirt in Next Start
- Honorable Duty Aims to Continue Fair Grounds Roll
- Maker Trio Heads Muniz Memorial Handicap