Keeneland's November Breeding Stock Sale surpassed last year's sale gross on Monday, when totals for the eight days of selling reached $290,807,400.
Monday's session of the Keeneland November mixed sale saw the sale gross surpass last year's total figure as foreign and domestic buyers kept the market strong. Totals for the eight days of selling reached $290,807,400 while gross sales for the 14-day auction in 2005 totaled $289,602,900
Ogden Mills Phipps said the fatal injury suffered by his family stable's Pine Island in the Nov. 4 Emirates Airline Breeders' Cup Distaff (gr. I) only serves to recommit him to additional attention and resources to equine research and organizations such as the Grayson-Jockey Club Research Foundation.
Following a nationwide search, Oaklawn Park named David Longinotti assistant general manager of racing. His appointment is effective Dec. 1.
Alex's Pal, a half-brother to successful third-crop sire Successful Appeal, will stand at Randolph Thoroughbreds near Ocala, Fla.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- A Look Back at Gallant Fox's Arlington Classic
- Lady Eli Brings Her Class to Gamely
- Midnight Storm Seeks Grade 1 Dirt Win in Gold Cup
- Leslie's Lady in Foal to American Pharoah
- CHRB Discusses Creating Single California Circuit
- Classic Empire to Coolmore on Retirement
- Asmussen Earns $50,000 Preakness Weekend Bonus
- Enola Gray, Illuminant Look Strong in Monrovia Field
- The Greatest Performance No One Has Seen
- Curlin Colt Sets Midlantic Record at $1.5 Million