Keeneland's November Breeding Stock Sale surpassed last year's sale gross on Monday, when totals for the eight days of selling reached $290,807,400.
Monday's session of the Keeneland November mixed sale saw the sale gross surpass last year's total figure as foreign and domestic buyers kept the market strong. Totals for the eight days of selling reached $290,807,400 while gross sales for the 14-day auction in 2005 totaled $289,602,900
Ogden Mills Phipps said the fatal injury suffered by his family stable's Pine Island in the Nov. 4 Emirates Airline Breeders' Cup Distaff (gr. I) only serves to recommit him to additional attention and resources to equine research and organizations such as the Grayson-Jockey Club Research Foundation.
Following a nationwide search, Oaklawn Park named David Longinotti assistant general manager of racing. His appointment is effective Dec. 1.
Alex's Pal, a half-brother to successful third-crop sire Successful Appeal, will stand at Randolph Thoroughbreds near Ocala, Fla.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Accelerate Springs Stunning Upset as Arrogate Falters
- Baffert Still Aiming Arrogate for Pacific Classic
- Stronach Group Explores Expansion into Massachusetts
- Focused Hemsworth Entered in Curlin Stakes
- Gutsy Move Gets Abel Tasman CCA Oaks Win
- Big World to be Offered at Fasig-Tipton November Sale
- Lady Eli Runs 'One of Her Greatest Races to Date'
- Abel Tasman, Elate Exit CCA Oaks in Good Order
- Hard Aces Looks for Repeat in Cougar II
- Awesome Banner Posts Bullet Ahead of Vanderbilt