Keeneland's November Breeding Stock Sale surpassed last year's sale gross on Monday, when totals for the eight days of selling reached $290,807,400.
Monday's session of the Keeneland November mixed sale saw the sale gross surpass last year's total figure as foreign and domestic buyers kept the market strong. Totals for the eight days of selling reached $290,807,400 while gross sales for the 14-day auction in 2005 totaled $289,602,900
Ogden Mills Phipps said the fatal injury suffered by his family stable's Pine Island in the Nov. 4 Emirates Airline Breeders' Cup Distaff (gr. I) only serves to recommit him to additional attention and resources to equine research and organizations such as the Grayson-Jockey Club Research Foundation.
Following a nationwide search, Oaklawn Park named David Longinotti assistant general manager of racing. His appointment is effective Dec. 1.
Alex's Pal, a half-brother to successful third-crop sire Successful Appeal, will stand at Randolph Thoroughbreds near Ocala, Fla.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate, California Chrome Meet Again in Pegasus
- Trainer Chad Brown Finally Lands His Knockout
- NYSGC Suspends Jockey Agent Gonzalez for 10 Years
- Semper Fortis Takes Ralis' Spot in Pegasus World Cup
- American Lion Gelding, Overdriven Filly Top OBS Works
- Gun Runner Likely Out of Pegasus World Cup
- Keen Ice to Calumet Upon Retirement
- California Chrome Again Horse of the Year
- Beautyinthepulpit to New York's Buckridge Farm
- New York Regulators Act on Drug Testing, Records Rules