Multiple grade I winner Borrego will return to his roots when he is retired to Wintergreen Farm near Midway, Ky. to stand at stud, effective with the 2007 breeding season.
Fillies set the pace Monday during the first under tack show for the Ocala Breeders Sales Co.'s select sale of 2-year-olds in training in South Florida.
- By Tom LaMarra
As Churchill Downs Inc. continues to assess whether Fair Grounds will be ready to host its 2006-07 meet beginning in late November, the president of the Louisiana Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association said anything less than a live meet in New Orleans would bring "strong opposition" from the organization.
The American Horse Council's "2006 Horse Owners and Breeders Tax Handbook" is now available.
St. Jovite, winner of two of Europe's greatest races, will stand at Michael Bowe's Greentree Stud in County Tipperary, Ireland.
Beulah Park racetrack announced Monday that jockeys riding at the Ohio track and at River Downs are now insured under a newly-developed racetrack workers' compensation program.
William Erminelli, who trained at Rockingham Park and Tampa Bay Downs, died Jan, 22 from Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis, also called Lou Gehrig's disease. He was 56.
The Tattersalls Ireland September yearling sale will be held a week earlier than previously was announced.
Something strange highlighted the opening day of New Zealand's biggest yearling sale at Karaka in Auckland on Monday. Fillies dominated.
Shuttle stallion Val Royal, winner of the 2001 Breeders' Cup Mile (gr. IT), was represented by his first winner.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Neglect Case Under Investigation
- Six Neglected Horses Cleared to Leave Farm
- Tampa Bay Downs Ready for Summer Festival
- Thoroughbred Makeover Tickets Now for Sale
- PA House Panel Passes Breeding Fund Revisions
- No Horses Injured in Pennsylvania Barn Fire
- Major Expansion Planned for Aqueduct Casino
- What's Going On Here: Internal Forces
- Cuomo Administration Fires Back at Criticism
- Mo Tom Clear Winner in Ohio Derby